Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 84 Vote(s) - 4.31 Average
White Night - Total Conversion v1.1
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21
RE: White Night - Total Conversion

(10-10-2011, 04:04 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote:
(10-10-2011, 03:13 PM)Rapture Wrote: What time though? I really want to get it the minute it's finished uploading! =)

You can watch it on ModDB, the moment file is ready to download it will let you know.
---
Just a quick update.
Yasar made countless runs and found many bugs. Today, I decided to do a playthrough, since I had the time and haven't played it from start to end for a long time (testing levels doesn't count); and I found some bugs possibly only pluto could find, but they were bad. Even Yasar got surprised at how I found them. (that means being a developer?)

Patience always rewarded, exploration always rewarded.
I'm more impatient then you guys can ever be. I'm in a limbo at the moment. I can't release it, yet I can't develop it more either. But I really want to exclude even the smallest bugs, because they might break the immersion that I tried so hard to create. Most of you have waited for months, so waiting a few days more won't hurt.
If only more game developers had this attitude...

10-12-2011, 12:59 AM
Website Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35

Will it let us know via email or when I go on ModDB?

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
10-12-2011, 01:36 AM
Find
JarrodTheBobo Offline

Threads: 2

Whose ready for a playthrough from the biggest retard on this forum? ME!

I will though once it comes out Smile.

And Morfar, I expect many screams of sheer swedish terror from you Wink
10-12-2011, 02:42 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

(10-12-2011, 02:42 AM)JarrodTheBobo Wrote: And Morfar, I expect many screams of sheer swedish terror from you Wink

It always saddens me to be have to point out that White Night is not created to scare players. It's created to tell a story, tell a story in my style. Creating a stylistic storytelling was always my primary goal, not to scare players. If you seek sheer terror, my friend, I'm afraid you are in wrong place.
I say this for the third time. Playing White Night to be scared is playing Silent Hill 2 to kill the monsters. You'll got no satisfaction.

(10-12-2011, 01:36 AM)XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX Wrote: Will it let us know via email or when I go on ModDB?

I think it's only when you go on ModDB, so tracking this thread might be better.

==============================

Alright, first bug report came from Pluto, so great thanks to him.
There were bugs I was unaware of, but thanks to him, they're being fixed. I'll just have to wait for other reports to came to verify some other bugs. Game is coming along nicely Smile

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2011, 07:57 AM by Tanshaydar.)
10-12-2011, 06:08 AM
Website Find
JarrodTheBobo Offline

(10-12-2011, 06:08 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote:
(10-12-2011, 02:42 AM)JarrodTheBobo Wrote: And Morfar, I expect many screams of sheer swedish terror from you Wink

It always saddens me to be have to point out that White Night is not created to scare players. It's created to tell a story, tell a story in my style. Creating a stylistic storytelling was always my primary goal, not to scare players. If you seek sheer terror, my friend, I'm afraid you are in wrong place.
I say this for the third time. Playing White Night to be scared is playing Silent Hill 2 to kill the monsters. You'll got no satisfaction.

(10-12-2011, 01:36 AM)XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX Wrote: Will it let us know via email or when I go on ModDB?

I think it's only when you go on ModDB, so tracking this thread might be better.

==============================

Alright, first bug report came from Pluto, so great thanks to him.
There were bugs I was unaware of, but thanks to him, they're being fixed. I'll just have to wait for other reports to came to verify some other bugs. Game is coming along nicely Smile
Oh no I wasn't suggesting that, just suggesting Morfar be Morfar Wink

10-12-2011, 12:09 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

Indeed this mod is not for scaring you at all. The environment is scary but not the monsters which are extremely few compared to other stories I have played. And I respect Tans for that, great work.
10-12-2011, 02:45 PM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

Quote: It always saddens me to be have to point out that White Night is not created to scare players. It's created to tell a story, tell a story in my style. Creating a stylistic storytelling was always my primary goal, not to scare players. If you seek sheer terror, my friend, I'm afraid you are in wrong place.
*shivers as he remembers the numerous mind screws Silent Hill employs*

Lordy, Silent Hill 2's environment, even if there were no monsters in it, except maybe Pyramid head, the game would still be scary imo
10-12-2011, 07:07 PM
Website Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

(10-12-2011, 07:07 PM)Hunter of Shadows Wrote: *shivers as he remembers the numerous mind screws Silent Hill employs*
Lordy, Silent Hill 2's environment, even if there were no monsters in it, except maybe Pyramid head, the game would still be scary imo

Because it wasn't the monsters we were afraid of. We were afraid of the truth.

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2011, 07:09 PM by Tanshaydar.)
10-12-2011, 07:09 PM
Website Find
yasar11732 Offline

While looking at the testers feedback, Tanshaydar discovered that a bug in WN makes beta testers step out of existence for a couple of days. He is trying to fix that bug as we speak...

10-12-2011, 09:06 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

(10-12-2011, 09:06 PM)yasar11732 Wrote: While looking at the testers feedback, Tanshaydar discovered that a bug in WN makes beta testers step out of existence for a couple of days. He is trying to fix that bug as we speak...

EPIC WIN in software development cycle.

10-12-2011, 09:07 PM
Website Find