Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 84 Vote(s) - 4.31 Average
White Night - Total Conversion v1.1
Janni1234 Offline

Threads: 24
RE: White Night - Total Conversion

(07-08-2011, 08:29 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: I've added a new mechanic to White Night and I think I should let you know.
Since White Night is set in 2000s, tinderbox mechanic is completely useless to me. Unless...

I've replaced tinderboxes with light bulbs. I think it fits into theme.

Watch and decide for yourself!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNdhrKmEGw8&hd=1

Really, really nice idea! O.O
Could you release a demo?
07-08-2011, 09:26 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

Looks really nice but it doesn't sound like a light bulb that breaks when it pops, more like glass being broken, the glass rarely breaks when light bulbs pop. it would look better if it blinks and then the light bulb pops. But then I take that this feature is work in progress still? Really looking forward to play this story when it's done, keep it coming! Big Grin

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
07-08-2011, 09:39 PM
Find
ChoskarChulian Offline

Threads: 8

PLEASE Release a Demo!!!
I wanna play it so Bad. D: D: D:

07-08-2011, 11:59 PM
Website Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65

If I'm right, this idea came from a member around here that posted on White Night's Forums, right?

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
07-09-2011, 12:33 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

(07-08-2011, 09:39 PM)nackidno Wrote: Looks really nice but it doesn't sound like a light bulb that breaks when it pops, more like glass being broken, the glass rarely breaks when light bulbs pop. it would look better if it blinks and then the light bulb pops. But then I take that this feature is work in progress still? Really looking forward to play this story when it's done, keep it coming! Big Grin

Never forget, everything you see is WIP and may be in final game, in a more developed form or may not be included at all. I just implemented the feature and to use light bulbs you don't have to wait for any light to pop out.

(07-08-2011, 09:18 PM)DamnNoHtml Wrote: Really well done. I thought "well it is sort of silly for the protagonist to walk around juggling 10 light bulbs in his hand," but honestly, doing that with Tinderboxes is just as silly. Its a game mechanic, and it works.

I'm not gonna scatter dozens of light bulbs around. Two at most, and I think anyone can handle it Tongue

(07-08-2011, 11:59 PM)ChoskarChulian Wrote: PLEASE Release a Demo!!!

Maybe if I win Tongue
But, seriously, I don't see the point of releasing a demo. Do you wanna play same level, same story, same puzzles when I release full mod; break the immersion that I try so hard to create? This is a story oriented mod and everything is related to story. Without beginning, any level wouldn't make sense, or vice versa.

(07-09-2011, 12:33 AM)nemesis567 Wrote: If I'm right, this idea came from a member around here that posted on White Night's Forums, right?

Don't get me wrong but I don't get your point. Not around here, around ModDB. Here he is: TheGroovyMule

(This post was last modified: 07-09-2011, 12:54 AM by Tanshaydar.)
07-09-2011, 12:43 AM
Website Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

I though I had seen that somewhere else. What point? There is no point. I had a doubt and I removed it from my head Tongue.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
07-09-2011, 01:00 AM
Find
Cryaotic Offline

Threads: 13

(07-09-2011, 12:43 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote:
(07-08-2011, 11:59 PM)ChoskarChulian Wrote: PLEASE Release a Demo!!!

Maybe if I win Tongue
But, seriously, I don't see the point of releasing a demo. Do you wanna play same level, same story, same puzzles when I release full mod; break the immersion that I try so hard to create? This is a story oriented mod and everything is related to story. Without beginning, any level wouldn't make sense, or vice versa.

I feel this way about a lot of demos that I've seen coming out. People really wish for a demo because they despise waiting, and creating a full-fledged demo would even take time out of the actual creation of the finalized custom story.

One thing I've noticed plenty of times in the community so far also, is that people release a demo, and then when they do not get pages upon pages of responses they lose motivation to continue and drop the project entirely. This is one reason why I have started to become against releasing demos, because even though it's always nice to get a taste of a good thing, it's all the better when you get the full thing and can just immerse yourself in someone's hard work.

Keep doing what you're doing Tan - if there's any way I can help (I have been practicing video editing for quite a while now, just sayin'), don't be afraid to ask. Good luck!

07-09-2011, 01:43 AM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Cryaotic, that's quite true. In some cases it's best, but I've seen some good projects getting canceled probably because of that.

(This post was last modified: 07-09-2011, 02:40 AM by nemesis567.)
07-09-2011, 02:38 AM
Find
Need4Power Offline

Threads: 1

It looks amazing so far Smile
07-09-2011, 08:14 AM
Find
Ghostflame Offline

Threads: 0

This is definitely shaping up, and no, I say do not release a demo. It goes against the whole flow of what your doing, and that's just stupid. I can wait as long as I need to for this mod.
07-09-2011, 11:09 PM
Find