Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Why do I suck in Penumbra?
summit Offline

Threads: 20
Why do I suck in Penumbra?

Hello guys I downloaded Penumbra Overture and I really wanted to play this game. When I first saw the dog it pissed my off. I really scared from the dog (I think because of the game atmosphere) and I said "It's just a dog" and take my hammer, jump into the dog.

First time I really take damage Big Grin But I hit and the dog fall into ground. I think I killed him but it stand up again and hit me. Of course, I died.

Now I can even hit the dog. The hammer's control is so hard. When I try to hit, the dog hit me from back.

Do you have tactic(s) for me ? :'(

NOTE: I finished the game thanks guys.
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2013, 08:28 AM by summit.)
06-25-2013, 10:56 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
RE: Why do I suck in Penumbra?

The purpose of the game is not to hit and kill the dog. Avoid the enemies, don't go towards them. That's the right way.
06-25-2013, 12:28 PM
Find
summit Offline

(06-25-2013, 12:28 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: The purpose of the game is not to hit and kill the dog. Avoid the enemies, don't go towards them. That's the right way.
Okay thanks.
06-25-2013, 04:15 PM
Find
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

You can use the beef jerky to keep the dogs distracted, but only throw it if they are not looking at you, otherwise it won't work.

Spoiler below!
If you really need to kill a dog (I remember a part where two dogs were patrolling the same corner and I just had to kill one of them in order to be able to sneak past them), I recommend doing it from a distance. Just throw a dynamite stick, or a gas cylinder by hitting it with the pickaxe or hammer and throwing it in the direction of the dog (be fast though, otherwise you will blow up with it).

06-25-2013, 05:31 PM
Find
summit Offline

Thanks guys I finished the game.
07-02-2013, 08:28 AM
Find