Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Screen fades to black but the game continues
DuckOfDoomSAF Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Screen fades to black but the game continues

I have a bizzare issue with the game thats driving me nuts. In some areas, the screen fades to black as if the GPU isnt sending any signal to the monitor. The weirdest thing is that this isnt a crash - if I hit the inventory key, lantern key or esc the screen will redraw correctly. This does not happen near light sources or if I have a lantern out. Here is some information:

- This is a steam copy of Amnesia, thus I assume its fully patched.
- My graphics card is ATI Radeon HD 4550
- Drivers are up to date, I attempted the latest update to resolve the issue earlier
- Power settings on both the monitor firmware and PC settings are set to never switch off the screen
- This issue seems to only occur in fullscreen mode, windowed mode appears to run fine.
- Tried all in-game settings, ran the game barebones etc - this issue does not seem to be specific to any graphical option in-game.

I am pretty sure I have narrowed the issue down to the graphics card, which I know works fine in every other game I have, but I cannot narrow this down any further. Any ideas on whats causing this?

edit: Ok we established it is due to Gamma level settings. This effect does not occur at Gamma level 2.0 - naturally, this makes for a poor gameplay experience. Any ideas on how to fix it?
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2011, 02:38 PM by DuckOfDoomSAF.)
03-20-2011, 01:15 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Screen fades to black but the game continues

Gamma settings?

03-20-2011, 05:49 AM
Website Find
DuckOfDoomSAF Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Screen fades to black but the game continues

(03-20-2011, 05:49 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote: Gamma settings?

Heh, that was bang on - with Gamma level cranked up all the way up (to 2.0) this doesnt happen... I am still confused though as to WHY that is happening and how I can fix it, because the game is more or less unplayable with gamma maxed out. Any ideas?
03-20-2011, 02:37 PM
Find