Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Exorcist - Custom Story [WIP]
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5
RE: The Exorcist - Custom Story [WIP]

(05-09-2011, 11:16 PM)Viperdream Wrote: Nah, I just didn't want to end it with an error Tongue

Spoiler below!

Also, did the monster spawn behind the door with the key after you pulled the lever? It did for me but I'm curious if it worked for you.

Spoiler below!
no. only one justine-monster i saw - after rotating a patephone. no one noticed after pelling the lever...Blush

my 2 funny videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go094Gk1Zpo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLRFv859PkQ
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2011, 08:16 AM by Dark Knight.)
05-10-2011, 06:49 AM
Find
ZxBrad Offline

Threads: 29

I love this custom story. This just one little problem i would hope u can fix. The library area with all the shelves, paintings and all that. can u just turn that room into its own area (where it loads before it goes to it.) Cuz having that whole area included with the other rooms causes a bad lag for me. Thats all im asking thx anyway.

WARNING: Noob Doesn't Know How To Script.
[Image: xcn384.gif]

05-10-2011, 10:41 AM
Find
Viperdream Offline

Threads: 16

(05-10-2011, 10:41 AM)ZxBrad Wrote: I love this custom story. This just one little problem i would hope u can fix. The library area with all the shelves, paintings and all that. can u just turn that room into its own area (where it loads before it goes to it.) Cuz having that whole area included with the other rooms causes a bad lag for me. Thats all im asking thx anyway.

I already said it in the spoiler, but anyway. It aren't the rooms below you probably but the particle systems that act as rain behind the windows. I don't think I can do anything about that : /

05-10-2011, 06:05 PM
Find
12daughertye Offline

Threads: 3

How do you open the door after you move the bookshelf?
07-08-2011, 06:38 AM
Find
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5

12daughertye
hint:
Spoiler below!
use the skull on statue
07-08-2011, 06:47 AM
Find
bobbo Offline

Threads: 1

(07-08-2011, 06:47 AM)Dark Knight Wrote: 12daughertye
hint:
Spoiler below!
use the skull on statue

Didn't work for me. I hear a sound from the door but I still can't open it. Guess I'll have to reload.

Spoiler below!

I like the idea of the puzzle, but imho the skull should have been placed somewhere "on eye level" to make it a bit more obvious.
07-08-2011, 11:54 AM
Find
Tenno Offline

Threads: 0

Interesting work. I had a little trouble reading the notes due to my poor french skills Tongue
The beginning of the story was a great set up and really helped me get in the feel of the character. It was also beautifully designed complete with custom music which I loved. Another brilliant looking area was the library, the moment I stepped in an awesome wave of calm washed over me and the lighting, design and atmosphere really made me feel safe and secure away from the hideous monster that lurked outside. It was a little short, but for a beta its understandable.

I enjoyed playing through it and I hope you continue it because I'm looking forward to seeing exactly where the story will take my brave monk and what other challenges he shall face Tongue

[Image: 29069he.gif]
07-08-2011, 01:57 PM
Find
spacecoke Offline

Threads: 0

i just tried this and i loved it, although very short atm it looks like it could turn out awsome Smile i thaught that there was one problem, the doors in the secret room after pulling the lever in the wardrobe are locked for me but after reading teh other comments i guess that it is suposed to be. i just didnt want that to be the end xD looking forward to more =)
09-07-2011, 02:55 AM
Find
Grery Offline

I have a problem with this... First: I don't have subtitles. Nothing in Journey, no subtitles while looking at letter.
And finally when I want to open one of maybe 8 doors in the castle, game crash. (sorry for my bad English)
How can I fix it?

[Image: 9qHBg.gif]
12-03-2011, 01:32 PM
Find
viperdream1 Offline

After a long break, I'm working on it again.
I got some motivation to continue on it and I hope it'll be finally finished this month.

If you want to follow the project, this is the new thread:
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-9808.html

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2012, 01:28 PM by viperdream1.)
03-11-2012, 01:23 PM
Find