Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 3.36 Average
Amnesia - The Village RELEASE !!
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
RE: Amnesia - The Village RELEASE !!

Well, there is something wrong. In the village player forced to look somewhere in the map, and I can't advance anywhere :/

05-12-2011, 05:07 PM
Website Find
skypeskype Offline

Threads: 6

Found it, hope it works now ... xD
05-12-2011, 05:09 PM
Website Find
Cryaotic Offline

Threads: 13

(05-12-2011, 05:06 PM)skypeskype Wrote: Theres no "custom" folder anywhere.

All you need to do is copy both the "custom_stories" folder, "entities", and "extra_english.lang" to your Amnesia redist folder.

Or, in simpler terms, just open the Rar, open the file in the rar, and copy all the files in that folder to where all of your Amnesia files are. (For example, the folder that contains billboards, commentary, config, etc.)

05-12-2011, 05:09 PM
Find
Anxt Offline

Threads: 12

I have found several bugs, the most prominent being the Mine Entrance, which was, well, nonexistent, and I fell through the map. Perhaps an issue with loading a custom model?

05-12-2011, 05:25 PM
Find
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5

(05-12-2011, 04:14 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: Downloading and trying right away.
56 MB, this might be the largest custom story I've downloaded so far Smile

no man, Anxt" Abduction Chapters has about ~90mb Tongue
05-12-2011, 05:31 PM
Find
skypeskype Offline

I dont know if its just me, but I found lots of bugs. There are Many walls that you can just walk through. Like the back of the stairs in the townhall. I also have Anxt's problem. The doors dont have any names when I get close to them and there arent any arrows on the clocks in the townhall.

Ill do what Cry said and restart the map. Maybe it will work properly.
05-12-2011, 05:32 PM
Website Find
Khyrpa Offline

Threads: 10

Feels like this didn't go trough much beta testing... The gasthaus was so annoying I almost stopped playing at that point, I just don't feel like running away from invisible water rats in pitch blackness is that entertaining (meaning I could do some preaching about lighting but I don't because I didn't play through the whole map).
Spoiler below!
I just got to the point when I randomly checked every door outside and pulled a lever inside a stove (wut?) and had no idea what it did. Aha found through editor, classic key behind a painting...
And the village lagged a LOT and it must be because there were a LOT of rain particles that I guess don't fade out early enough or something. And who whines about lit candles in rain and about the whole fact that clear starry sky rains...
And cry, try deleting the rain particles in the village map?
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2011, 05:44 PM by Khyrpa.)
05-12-2011, 05:42 PM
Find
stonecutter Offline

Threads: 17

Search for the arrows in the townhall ... falling through the mine entrence must be a model problem .... no more time today got a date Wink

The Lever inside the stove will change something in this house !

We Shall Arise - Death / Grind from Bavaria
Musicvideo : http://goo.gl/HzxvLK
Facebook : http://goo.gl/9YfYCV
Free Album : http://goo.gl/sEBW2X
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2011, 05:43 PM by stonecutter.)
05-12-2011, 05:42 PM
Find
skypeskype Offline

Thank god I've got a good video card. I got like 25 FPS in the village. I get 60 in the rest of the game and on any of the other custom stories out there.
05-12-2011, 05:48 PM
Website Find
bobbo Offline

Threads: 1

Stuck after the hostel, can't enter townhall. My thoughts so far:

Spoiler below!

The beginning in a carrige was a nice idea. I just didn't understand why I should use the tinderbox - was that supposed to be a tutorial?

The village itself kills my framerate, too, but it's still okay. I just hope there won't be a monster-chase-moment with such choppy fps...

The person running away at the hostel was a nice idea. But it was a bit confusing, too: Should I follow the person now or continue to enter the hostel? Of course the locked door at the mine answers the question, but a small message like "Gone. I better check the hostel now" would have been nice.

The biting animals in the cellar were a bit nasty. Because it's so dark down there I spent some time looking around and almost died from the bites. Maybe there could be a healing potion put somewhere.

Searching the hostel I liked it that there still were no monsters. To me this builds up some tension.

In the room where a message suggests to light the lamp on the desktop a scary moment happens. In my case, the character was still crouched in fear when a totally relaxed message popped up saying something like: "Okay, no hints, let's go." That didn't fit together, maybe the message could be delayed to after the scary moment?

Like others I also walked behind the townhall and was able to look through the building, maybe there should be invisible walls put left and right of the building.

The lever inside the oven is a bit hard to spot, maybe there could be some more light?

Now I'm stuck. The key from behind the building doesn't seem to fit anywhere.
05-12-2011, 06:32 PM
Find