Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 3.36 Average
Amnesia - The Village RELEASE !!
Anxt Offline

Threads: 12
RE: Amnesia - The Village RELEASE !!

(05-12-2011, 07:43 PM)bobbo Wrote:
(05-12-2011, 07:41 PM)Anxt Wrote:
Spoiler below!
There's a lever in the desk to the left of the clocks. Maybe the hands make it appear, I don't know. Oh well.

No,
Spoiler below!
the lever was there before - I guess the arrows just enable its function. But thanks for reminding me of that thing, I don't think I'd have looked in there again! Smile

Okay, done now. I think this could become a very good custom story.

Spoiler below!
Of course it has to go on now: What will the character find in the mine, will he save Robert etc...

But to me at this stage some notes with a story evolving around the village and of course the murder would be more important.

For example, in the two "random" houses could be letters from the inhabitants to relatives about the murder probably containing thoughts about who was the murderer etc.

Maybe the mayor has something to hide which could be implied in a letter found in the town hall. Also, there should be a note by him that he loves the Mondscheinsonate which you find in his house but also some more details in another note maybe - else the trip to his house is a bit lame because it only makes you run a bit and nothing else.

Has anyone seen the movie Hot Fuzz? That story could be used as well. It's a comedy about village people who secretly kill everyone in their community who doesn't fit the nice image. This would also fit to Roberts letter that the murder was complicated.

Well... anything, just some story. But in general it's great to see some nice outside environment. About the fps drop: Maybe the rain isn't even necessary and just some fog would do the trick as well?

Actually he said this was his full release, but he ran out of time to work on it. Perhaps it was a school project or something, but it didn't seem to really have an ending to me, nor much of a story. I honestly don't even know who was murdered. But anyway, I thought the gameplay was ok, I just didn't enjoy walking around the village every time I got another new item that said "This should open some doors", and have it only open one door yet remain in my inventory.

But that's just me being critical of it. I am not trying to bash it by any means, as it is much better than many others I have played. I was just expecting much more closure from a full release.

05-13-2011, 02:16 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

Ok, I gave up. I couldn't get anything custom to work. Mine area doesn't show up, town hall has no plane to walk form stairs to door, other houses don't have textures on them.

I'm using Steam version because retail version is the one I'm working with my own project and it's custom. Anyone played on Steam version and managed to get everything work?

05-13-2011, 04:26 AM
Website Find
Anxt Offline

Threads: 12

Yes, but you have to copy his entities file into the main game's entities file in order for them to show up. Only the file called "Das Dorf" goes into the custom stories folder.

05-13-2011, 04:50 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

I added Custom folder into entities folder.
I addead Das Dorf folder into custom_stories folder.

Nothing custom shows up.

(This post was last modified: 05-13-2011, 06:39 AM by Tanshaydar.)
05-13-2011, 06:38 AM
Website Find
Kyle Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 36

Spoiler below!

Player stares at one spot on the ground when in the village. I fixed it. But every door is locked. I have a bucket of water, but I don't know what I have to do.

05-13-2011, 11:22 AM
Find
skypeskype Offline

Threads: 6

You go in a house, and do something with the water.
05-13-2011, 11:26 AM
Website Find
Kyle Offline
Posting Freak

All the houses are locked! :/

Which one?

05-13-2011, 11:31 AM
Find
bobbo Offline

Threads: 1

(05-13-2011, 11:31 AM)Kyle Wrote: All the houses are locked! :/

Which one?

Spoiler below!
I think it was the one left to the pump that you used to fill the bucket.
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2011, 11:53 AM by bobbo.)
05-13-2011, 11:49 AM
Find
Kyle Offline
Posting Freak

Okay, thanks. I'll try.

05-13-2011, 11:52 AM
Find
skypeskype Offline

Threads: 6