Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 3.36 Average
Amnesia - The Village RELEASE !!
Gunslingerjh Offline

Threads: 48
RE: Amnesia - The Village RELEASE !!

How do i fill the bucket with water, and how do i get inside the hostel?

05-15-2011, 12:44 PM
Find
bobbo Offline

Threads: 1

(05-15-2011, 12:44 PM)Leon Kennedy Wrote: How do i fill the bucket with water, and how do i get inside the hostel?

Spoiler below!
When you walk straight from where the story started, you'll find a water pump on the right of the first house to the left I think. The hostel: You have to walk around the right side, you'll find a part of the fence torn down, there you can enter the cellar of the hostel.
05-15-2011, 12:55 PM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

(05-15-2011, 12:44 PM)Leon Kennedy Wrote: How do i fill the bucket with water, and how do i get inside the hostel?

stand in the rain until it fills up with water

Tongue
05-16-2011, 05:55 AM
Website Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35

There is a few places where I can see under the map. The other area pic will be up later.

Spoiler below!
Behind the Hostel
[Image: 1021DB1774D71A5822EB7DC38A6AA573CF6D010F]

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2011, 11:04 PM by RawkBandMan.)
05-16-2011, 03:27 PM
Find
Garg79 Offline

Threads: 0

could anyone be so nice and tell how to install this mod ???
05-17-2011, 07:42 PM
Find
bobbo Offline

(05-17-2011, 07:42 PM)Garg79 Wrote: could anyone be so nice and tell how to install this mod ???

Check the Opening Post:

(03-22-2011, 04:52 PM)stonecutter Wrote: How to install :
Copy both folders in you Amnesia/redist folder !
If you want to play with English language you have to do nothing.

So an easy way would be: Have one Explorer window open with the two folders of the custom story. Have another Explorer window open with the Amnesia game folder. Now just drag both folders of the story over to the gamepath window and drop them in the redist-folder there.
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2011, 08:24 PM by bobbo.)
05-17-2011, 08:24 PM
Find

Okay

I started playing it...and here are my thoughts so far, I won't go into spelling, bugs, or anything like that, I'll be going solely into design.

And the word of the day is frustration

This custom story could have been a lot more enjoyable, but a lot of it was just damn irritating, I'll start with the carriage ride, this was well done, except for the part with the tinderbox, that was so redundant that it was actually annoying in of itself.

Next, I'll start with how it was hard to find the hostel to begin with, none of the doors were labelled, and half the time I couldn't tell if the doors were jammed or just needed a key.

Now, I personally think the village could have used some more frequent lighting, if you're going to deny the player any tinderboxes or the lantern, then being forced to run from light source to light source is somewhat annoying as well.

But here is my biggest gripe of all, denying usage of the lantern, because after I found the way into the hostel, not only was it pitch black and difficult see anything, but you also put SPIDERS down there, whom I could not dodge, you might have thought hearing the pattering of the little creatures is scary, and it was at first...till they started hitting me, when they did that, and I realized I couldn't do anything about it, I started to get annoyed, fast. I couldn't avoid the spiders(even if they do no damage, doesn't make them less annoying), nor could I see where I was going.

But I digress, I dislike not having the lantern, because fumbling my way through the dark is not enjoyable, it would be far less unpleasant if there were no spiders.

Here are some other things

The music in the hostel is...spastic, it turns on and off at the drop of a hat, if you're going to have music, make it ambient and everywhere, not just in one area so that the moment you leave the room it shuts off. Also...what was with the loud banging noises? Sounding like something was being thrown or broken, it might have been intended to be scary, and it was indeed alarming the first time it happened...but after that, when there was no apparent source of the sound, the player quickly loses interest in my opinion, simply because a ghostly banging noise with no connection to the world they are immersing themselves into is...silly.

It quickly got to the point where the banging noise didn't even register to my brain anymore.

But so far, it all looks like with a little more work this would be an extremely good custom story, but for me, I quit when I learned I had to go back into the flooded cellar and stub my toes on a twenty different objects, get mauled by oversized spider's over and over, and most of all, be really lost and have no idea where I'm supposed to go.
05-17-2011, 11:10 PM
Website Find
Garg79 Offline

Threads: 0

Quote:So an easy way would be: Have one Explorer window open with the two folders of the custom story. Have another Explorer window open with the Amnesia game folder. Now just drag both folders of the story over to the gamepath window and drop them in the redist-folder there.

i dont got a redist folder ???
where is it? i need create one?
(This post was last modified: 05-18-2011, 07:14 PM by Garg79.)
05-18-2011, 07:13 PM
Find
bobbo Offline

(05-18-2011, 07:13 PM)Garg79 Wrote: i dont got a redist folder ???

I'm not familiar with the different versions of the game. I'm using the Windows version from the FG store and in my Amnesia game folder I have two subfolders: install_files and redist. Which version do you use and what does your Amnesia folder look like?
05-18-2011, 07:27 PM
Find

(05-18-2011, 07:13 PM)Garg79 Wrote:
Quote:So an easy way would be: Have one Explorer window open with the two folders of the custom story. Have another Explorer window open with the Amnesia game folder. Now just drag both folders of the story over to the gamepath window and drop them in the redist-folder there.

i dont got a redist folder ???

if you don't have a redist folder you can't play the game
05-18-2011, 11:03 PM
Website Find