Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clipping and bool functions
MrBigzy Offline

Threads: 18
Clipping and bool functions

Hi guys, I was wondering, is there any simple way to clip static objects or use boolean functions with them? Would be a tremendous help with editing maps. I saw that you can clip planes, but that's for a whole plane I think...
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2011, 05:57 PM by MrBigzy.)
03-22-2011, 05:54 PM
Find
Nye Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Clipping and bool functions

No, sorry.

If you want to be able to do things to a static object (that you can do to entities), you could always convert the file itself to an entity.

Don't ask me how, but use the model editor or something, it's not my field ! Tongue

03-22-2011, 07:16 PM
Find
MrBigzy Offline

That sucks D:

It would be really useful, since it would be a pain to go change the model everytime. I saw that the guys at frictional hid a lot of stuff on corners inside welders and stuff (which I've also done for my map); it would be nice to be able to boolean them out, or cut off part of a wall instead of stretching it so you don't stretch the textures.
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2011, 07:33 PM by MrBigzy.)
03-22-2011, 07:33 PM
Find
Nye Offline

Threads: 8

Yeah, :/

You have to remember that frictional designed the engine with the purpose of amnesia and what they wanted to do. I'm sure they could have added the functionality, but they didn't need to, and it would probably be just unnecessary work. As with most modding for games, you have to think outside the box and work within the box Wink

03-22-2011, 07:36 PM
Find
MrBigzy Offline

Oh I know, they designed all their models to work together specifically for the game. But would be nice if they saw this and added it in with a future version of the tools to make it easier for level design. Angel
03-22-2011, 07:47 PM
Find