Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 24 Vote(s) - 3.38 Average
Abduction Chapter 1
Awaclus Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Abduction Chapter 1

(06-04-2012, 02:28 PM)Anxt Wrote: I would like to know what made the beginning of the story bad, as I always welcome feedback. I am glad it got better for you, though.
Spoiler below!

Because basically nothing happened before the first monster just suddenly scared me, and at least I found no apparent reason for the monster taking me to a prison instead of just killing me.
At least I think that's what the reason is. I'm not 100% sure anymore though.
06-09-2012, 06:21 PM
Find
Anxt Offline

Threads: 12

(06-09-2012, 06:21 PM)Awaclus Wrote:
(06-04-2012, 02:28 PM)Anxt Wrote: I would like to know what made the beginning of the story bad, as I always welcome feedback. I am glad it got better for you, though.
Spoiler below!

Because basically nothing happened before the first monster just suddenly scared me, and at least I found no apparent reason for the monster taking me to a prison instead of just killing me.
At least I think that's what the reason is. I'm not 100% sure anymore though.
If you have not yet finished the story, it will probably become more clear later on.

Spoiler below!
The lack of anything happening during the time before the first encounter is intentional, it is meant to be reflective of waking up in the middle of the night, everything is turned off, quiet, empty. In my opinion, sometimes the scariest sounds and events can be the ones that aren't even there.

06-10-2012, 01:52 AM
Find
victoria20254 Offline

The Abduction custom story that I have is different to other people! I watched Youtube to play it and I'm at the final part, I have got all the "Numer Boxes" in the right place and opened the door up on the stairs but other people got the wooden handle in the room and I cant find it! I also didn't see any zombies/monsters when I put the boxes and when I go into the room but other people did, is there a problem in my Abduction custom story?? Pls help. Huh
10-07-2012, 10:48 AM
Find
Anxt Offline

You have to have Justine installed for it to work. Download Justine (free Amnesia DLC), then delete the map cache file for "AtrumAula." If that doesn't work, load the third most recent save in your list for Abduction, and continue playing from there.

10-07-2012, 03:28 PM
Find
XxCoreySxX Offline

(08-05-2011, 12:48 AM)Anxt Wrote:
(08-05-2011, 12:31 AM)Mosnye Wrote:
(08-04-2011, 06:07 PM)Anxt Wrote:
(08-04-2011, 07:59 AM)Mosnye Wrote: Bit stuck, where do I get the bucket to put out the flames in the dining hall?

Spoiler below!
It is in the storage room. There is a door which requires a lever to open, however the lever handle is missing. You must find the handle, carry it to the mount, and then pull the lever to open the door. The bucket will be inside. A hint for the handle if you haven't found it already: Candlelit beside a pool of blood.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

How do I get in the storage room? Its blocked by a door with a broken lock and I don't have any items that I can use to help.

Spoiler below!
Remember when you used the crowbar in the west wing? It fell to the floor, you need to go and pick it back up. Hopefully it will work ok, I haven't seen what happens if someone doesn't pick it back up. If it is nowhere to be found, let me know and I will get you a quick fix. Sorry for the issues it may cause.

I know this was posted a long time ago, but can you help me? I am having a problem where the crowbar mysteriously disappeared from my inventory after I picked it back up, and as a result I cannot progress through the game. I really don't want to play back through the game from the beginning to get the crowbar back, so is there I way I can get it otherwise? What is this quick fix you mentioned? Please help.
04-08-2013, 07:31 AM
Find
late Offline

hi, so i went to the archives. i searched all rooms, and when the first monster breaks the door that is normally stuck i ran away, i then went to check the other rooms behind that door but didn't find anything and decided to go back to the atrium and check the other rooms first. after finding every other piece of glass i didn't know where the last one was. when i watched a walk trough. i saw that there actually is one in the archives. when i went back to the archives, there was no monster to break the door, so the door "is stuck" and i can't get trough to get the last red piece of glass. is there actually any way that i could get trough that door? I don't want to play this story from the beginning again. anyone having the same problem? could someone help? Dodgy Dodgy Dodgy
07-09-2013, 01:33 AM
Find
Anxt Offline

(07-09-2013, 01:33 AM)late Wrote: hi, so i went to the archives. i searched all rooms, and when the first monster breaks the door that is normally stuck i ran away, i then went to check the other rooms behind that door but didn't find anything and decided to go back to the atrium and check the other rooms first. after finding every other piece of glass i didn't know where the last one was. when i watched a walk trough. i saw that there actually is one in the archives. when i went back to the archives, there was no monster to break the door, so the door "is stuck" and i can't get trough to get the last red piece of glass. is there actually any way that i could get trough that door? I don't want to play this story from the beginning again. anyone having the same problem? could someone help? Dodgy Dodgy Dodgy

Go into your custom stories folder. Open up Abduction, maps, Ch01. Open "Archives.hps" in a text editor. Paste the following line somewhere within the two "{}" at the very bottom where it says "void OnEnter{...}"

SetEntityActive("GruntDoor", false);

So it should look something like this:

void OnEnter{

SetEntityActive("GruntDoor", false);
PlayMusic(blahblahblah);
SetEntityActive(blahblahblah);
etc.
}

You must then leave the archives if you are still in that area, then re-enter. The door should be gone. Let me know if it doesn't work or if you have any more issues. Sorry for the trouble!

07-09-2013, 04:41 PM
Find