Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 24 Vote(s) - 3.38 Average
Abduction Chapter 1
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Abduction Chapter 1

(12-11-2011, 08:03 PM)Noxina Wrote: Great mod so far but atm I'm stuck in the room after the numbered boxes -puzzle. I watched playthrough videos where they go upstairs and pick up a wooden lever or something and place it next to the door downstairs. The problem is I don't have the lever in the bookcase upstairs neither a place next to the door where to put the lever. I'm guessing you have changed it or is it a bug??

The problem is you probably don't have the justine DLC. I'm guessing you didn't see any monsters in that map either? A link to where you can download it should be somewhere around on this site, just look around.

Posting Freak
12-11-2011, 10:56 PM
Website Find
Anxt Offline

Threads: 12

kman is correct. The reason that is happening is because I used things from the Justine DLC in that map, and they are, unfortunately, crucial to the progression of the map.

However, there is an easy fix, which I will send to you through PM. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Or since you have PM's blocked, I guess I will just put it here.

Spoiler below!
Here's what you need to do to fix it:
Download this file:
http://www.mediafire.com/?y9y05d4y7bxavyd

Go into your custom stories folder. Then paste the file.
It should ask you to overwrite 2 files. custom_story_settings.cfg and Shrine.hps.
Overwrite those two files, and you should be good to go.
Then, when you go to play it, hit start, not continue.
What this will do is put you into the next map. It will start you with a lantern, some oil, and several tinderboxes, as well as the potion you made in the laboratory. The only thing left in the Atrum Andron is just to place the lever and open the door, so you aren't skipping anything.
HOWEVER, if you wish to play this story again, or if someone wants to play it on your computer, you will have to re-download the custom story again, as this will change the starting map.
Let me know if you run into any more issues.

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2011, 12:26 AM by Anxt.)
12-12-2011, 12:22 AM
Find
SierenH Offline

Threads: 2

I am so looking forward to playing this
This sounds like a really good game

Edit: Gah, here we go with my problem with jumping Blush
I hate the way you jump in this game Sad
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2011, 04:08 AM by SierenH.)
12-12-2011, 03:37 AM
Find
Noxina Offline

Threads: 0
Thumbs Up  RE: Abduction Chapter 1

Yees thank you Anxt it worked!! Great ending I must say. Better than the original imo. Definitely best mod I've played so far Smile
12-12-2011, 09:18 PM
Find
Filip Offline

Hey, I have tried the links posted for downloading this story, but it shows me a "file deleted or wrong link" message. Is this due to my internet connection or has a "sharing quota" been exhausted, or something else?
12-12-2011, 11:15 PM
Find
Anxt Offline

Download it from the ModDB mirror in my signature. The link in this thread is long outdated Tongue

12-12-2011, 11:34 PM
Find
Filip Offline

Im downloading, all is ok. Thnks!
12-13-2011, 12:08 AM
Find
BlueFury Offline

Threads: 30

@kman, how can you play custom stories without justine, it was added in the same update

Sticks and stones may break our bones, but words will break our hearts. – Robert Fulghum
12-13-2011, 01:04 AM
Find
Anxt Offline

(12-13-2011, 01:04 AM)BlueFury Wrote: @kman, how can you play custom stories without justine, it was added in the same update
If they bought the game directly from Frictional, and not through Steam, then it would not automatically update. Some people did not download the Justine when it came out, some still don't have it.

12-13-2011, 02:46 AM
Find
SierenH Offline

Threads: 2

ROFL
I got OUTSIDE the play area somehow

dropped right off the edge
12-13-2011, 07:12 AM
Find