Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 24 Vote(s) - 3.38 Average
Abduction Chapter 1
Anxt Offline

Threads: 12
RE: Abduction Chapter 1

(12-13-2011, 07:12 AM)SierenH Wrote: ROFL
I got OUTSIDE the play area somehow

dropped right off the edge
O.O

How did you manage that? And in what map?

12-13-2011, 12:45 PM
Find
SierenH Offline

Threads: 2

(12-13-2011, 12:45 PM)Anxt Wrote:

O.O

It was where I got one of the two blue glowing pieces to put on the pedestals. I dont really remember which one. I think it was one of the doors you had to unlock? Im so tired now, i cant think straight. LOL

12-14-2011, 06:21 AM
Find
Anxt Offline

(12-14-2011, 06:21 AM)SierenH Wrote:
(12-13-2011, 12:45 PM)Anxt Wrote:

O.O

It was where I got one of the two blue glowing pieces to put on the pedestals. I dont really remember which one. I think it was one of the doors you had to unlock? Im so tired now, i cant think straight. LOL
Haha, wow. Sorry about that, not really sure how it happened Tongue

But yeah, the game's engine isn't perfect. Jump to precisely 2 minutes on this video to see some interesting cases of it Tongue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcsfWk7PF0c

12-14-2011, 05:56 PM
Find
Filip Offline

Threads: 0

I got one more bug, in the part of the game when you need to put boxes with numbers on pressure plates.
I got the combination and opened the door at the top of the staircase. Went up, picked up things and couldnt find a way to proceed. So I took a look at a walkthrough.

The handle for opening the lower door was missing, also the door didnt have a whole/mechanism into which the handle would go into.
Also the servant that appeared in the walkthrough was missing (not that i missed him too much Big Grin)

Is there something specific in supposed to not/do, or should I just restart the level/load somewhere previous?
12-20-2011, 05:08 PM
Find
Anxt Offline

You need Justine for that area. It contains some entities, and the monster, which will not appear unless you have Justine installed. The only thing I can suggest is either follow a fix I posted earlier in this thread (only about a page back or so), which will put you in the map after the Atrum Andron, or you can install Justine, then load a save from before you entered the Atrum Andron.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

12-20-2011, 05:15 PM
Find
seahawks4ever Offline

Threads: 1

Your mod is absolutely great! I got pretty far...but...

In the area where you need three items in the sewer...I got the three items but forgot to put the jar underneath the first item. It told me I had nothing to grab it with so I smacked my head and used the jar. The jar went underneath but then I couldn't get the thing to turn. Figuring I might have encountered a hiccup, I left the area (in your mods things had previously reset). When I came back I still couldn't turn it and clicked the jar, which picked it up...but it was empty. Here is the weird part, I could not for the life of me be able to a)Put the jar back and b) turn the thing.

I hope that wasn't too cryptic, I don't know how to do the spoiler thingy but I have a feeling you know where I'm talking about.

12-22-2011, 05:23 AM
Find
Anxt Offline

I know what you are talking about. Hrmm...

Get on top of the table and try to turn it. For some reason it is really finicky, and doesn't like to work very well. See if that works without the jar. The game MIGHT still think it is there. Let me know if it works or not.

12-22-2011, 05:34 AM
Find
seahawks4ever Offline

(12-22-2011, 05:34 AM)Anxt Wrote: I know what you are talking about. Hrmm...

Get on top of the table and try to turn it. For some reason it is really finicky, and doesn't like to work very well. See if that works without the jar. The game MIGHT still think it is there. Let me know if it works or not.

No such luck.

EDIT: I even picked up a barrel and threw it at the turner thing.

TO make it even worse...

You know the second item? That piece of something? WellI put it in the proper place and left it in there as well when I had the first issue. I was able to pick it back up but guess what? I couldn't put it back down! So...now I have an empty you know what, with an unpressed you know what and a piece of something that I can't use in the you know what!

I'm so sad...I felt like I was close to the end too.

Oh, and just for giggles, I tried using that OnStart code you gave to the guy that couldn't turn it either and that didn't work.

(This post was last modified: 12-22-2011, 05:49 AM by seahawks4ever.)
12-22-2011, 05:49 AM
Find
Anxt Offline

I think I know what code you mean, but put it in OnEnter instead. See if that works. If not, let me know what code you are talking about, I can get you a fix.

No worries, I won't let the game ruin itself for you Tongue

12-22-2011, 07:03 AM
Find
seahawks4ever Offline

I tried it in OnEnter too but nothing happened. I might want to take this opportunity to tell you that I am not a programmer lol. I am hoping I'm doing it correctly.

I wish I could just load a save right before I got into the sewer -_-
12-24-2011, 12:38 AM
Find