Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 24 Vote(s) - 3.38 Average
Abduction Chapter 1
Anxt Offline

Threads: 12
RE: Abduction Chapter 1

(12-24-2011, 12:38 AM)seahawks4ever Wrote: I tried it in OnEnter too but nothing happened. I might want to take this opportunity to tell you that I am not a programmer lol. I am hoping I'm doing it correctly.

I wish I could just load a save right before I got into the sewer -_-
You can. It won't be the first save file, but it autosaves every time you enter the Atrium. So, there should be one from when you returned to the Atrium with the final glass shard. If you would rather me just give you the potion so you can continue, however, I can do that too.

12-24-2011, 02:21 AM
Find
ElainaTV Offline

Threads: 0

I'm working on playing through this, I missed a shard piece somewhere that I have to rewatch my footage and see what map I missed a shard in. 1 hour and 15 minutes and haven't finished Chapter 1. I really like the map, one grunt decided to be a dick and find my hiding place which I thought was good. :[ Will post links to play through when finished.

04-25-2012, 12:56 AM
Website Find
Anxt Offline

Spoiler below!
There is a blue in the cellar, a blue in the East Wing, a red in the Dining Hall, and a red in the Archives.

If you need help finding anything, feel free to ask, I'm happy to help Smile

04-25-2012, 01:12 AM
Find
ElainaTV Offline

Just tell me what room the East Wing Key is in (not the specific place, just the map) because I could have sworn I unlocked and did that area but when I loaded the game back up to check what color shard I was missing the East Wing was locked... >.<

04-25-2012, 02:56 AM
Website Find
Anxt Offline

Hrmm...I actually haven't heard of that happening. Meaning you can't enter the East Wing, or the door in the East Wing is locked?

Spoiler below!
The East Wing key is in the Cellar. It is guarded, though. Check all rooms thoroughly.

04-25-2012, 03:02 AM
Find
ElainaTV Offline

Nevermind, I forgot I got the f*ck out of dodge when I had 2 grunts in the cellar and didn't fully explore after finishing the lever puzzle. Big Grin
It was locked, I thought I had gotten the key in one of the rooms, unlocked it, went through it, exited the game and then when I came back it was relocked. But in fact I was too terrified in the cellar with 2 grunts chasing me to remember I hadn't checked the whole place carefully. Big Grin

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2012, 03:26 AM by ElainaTV.)
04-25-2012, 03:24 AM
Website Find
Anxt Offline

Ok, good to know. Link me to your YouTube page, I'd like to see your playthrough Smile

04-25-2012, 03:38 AM
Find
ElainaTV Offline

(04-25-2012, 03:38 AM)Anxt Wrote: Ok, good to know. Link me to your YouTube page, I'd like to see your playthrough Smile
Just finished Chapter 1 Big Grin It's an hour and 38 minutes so I will probably upload it while I'm sleeping tonight and it will be up first thing in the morning (10-11am ish EST). http://www.youtube.com/ElainaTV

04-25-2012, 03:44 AM
Website Find
Awaclus Offline

I have a problem with the lever puzzle in the Cellar.
Spoiler below!

I found the correct solution and completed the puzzle, but nothing happened. I tried to find another solution just in case there were multiple correct solutions but only one would do, but couldn't. Then I closed Amnesia to see a walkthrough for the correct solution, and it turns out that the solution that didn't work for me worked in the walkthrough. After restarting Amnesia, it still didn't work.

Is it possible that this is because Cellar was the first room I went to from the Atrium, but after finding the key, I exited without completing the puzzle and didn't come back until I had found the three other glass shards?

I also found lots of oil in the beginning and ran out of it in the Atrium and the rooms. Did I just miss the oil in there or was there no oil at all? Also, my sanity and health are regenerating pretty fast, but can't go to "crystal clear" and "all is good" without sanity potion/making progress and laudanum - is this intentional, and if so, I would be interested in hearing your reasons for making it this way.

The beginning of the story was quite bad, but the puzzle in the prison was very good (I'd say it was better than the puzzles in Dark Descent, even) and after that, I remember enjoying this custom story a lot. Good job!
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2012, 08:51 AM by Awaclus.)
06-04-2012, 08:40 AM
Find
Anxt Offline

(06-04-2012, 08:40 AM)Awaclus Wrote: I have a problem with the lever puzzle in the Cellar.
Spoiler below!

I found the correct solution and completed the puzzle, but nothing happened. I tried to find another solution just in case there were multiple correct solutions but only one would do, but couldn't. Then I closed Amnesia to see a walkthrough for the correct solution, and it turns out that the solution that didn't work for me worked in the walkthrough. After restarting Amnesia, it still didn't work.

Is it possible that this is because Cellar was the first room I went to from the Atrium, but after finding the key, I exited without completing the puzzle and didn't come back until I had found the three other glass shards?

I also found lots of oil in the beginning and ran out of it in the Atrium and the rooms. Did I just miss the oil in there or was there no oil at all? Also, my sanity and health are regenerating pretty fast, but can't go to "crystal clear" and "all is good" without sanity potion/making progress and laudanum - is this intentional, and if so, I would be interested in hearing your reasons for making it this way.

The beginning of the story was quite bad, but the puzzle in the prison was very good (I'd say it was better than the puzzles in Dark Descent, even) and after that, I remember enjoying this custom story a lot. Good job!
There is occasionally a bug with the lever puzzle in which the solution will not work if the levers have been pulled up and down several times before getting the solution. I don't know what causes the bug, but I can give you a solution if you desire.

As for the health and sanity regeneration, since it is not a full conversion, the regeneration rates and max levels of health and sanity where it will automatically regenerate to are from the main game's files. Therefore it works the same as it would in the main game.

I would like to know what made the beginning of the story bad, as I always welcome feedback. I am glad it got better for you, though.

I will PM you a solution to the lever puzzle so you can continue the mod.

06-04-2012, 02:28 PM
Find