Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Cannot load the game
Wolfgang
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Cannot load the game
jens Wrote:Have you tested to uninstall and install the game again, just to make sure nothing went wrong the first time?

Can you tell me how to delete completely all traces of Penumbra after uninstall, so I can try a really clean install and how can I reset this administrator thing? After trying to start the game as administrator it always asks for activation and serial code.
03-31-2007, 04:58 PM
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Do a normal uninstall using the uninstall program that came with penumbra.

Go to My Documents/ and delete the folder Penumbra Overture

This completely uninstalls Penumbra, but there might by other steps you need to do that is depending on Gamers Gate software, so for that you will need to contact them.

I'm also not sure on the administrator and activation problem as I do not run Vista myself.

If there is a problem with the serial for launching the game then you have to contact games gate as well for that because that is part of their protection system and I do not know how it works.
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2007, 05:10 PM by jens.)
03-31-2007, 05:10 PM
Website Find
Mesocyclone Offline

Threads: 0
The serial is stored in you gamersgate downloaders account, so this isn't an issue.

Damn I already had closed the certains to play this evening. Ill search other nv forums'for a possible fix on the driverfront.
03-31-2007, 05:50 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
Make sure that a "Penumbra Overture" folder has been created in my documents. If not the actual game as not started and it is a problem with the GamersGate version.
03-31-2007, 06:09 PM
Find
Mesocyclone Offline

Thomas Wrote:Make sure that a "Penumbra Overture" folder has been created in my documents. If not the actual game as not started and it is a problem with the GamersGate version.

Thanx, but it didn't change a thing, must there be sub dirs too?

I wonder if its the openGL driver at, because it won't start for even a second?
03-31-2007, 07:07 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

You said you could run the demo for penumbra overture?

And when you say it wont launch for even a second does that mean that you click the icon and then nothing happens, the screen does not even get black?
03-31-2007, 07:09 PM
Website Find
Mesocyclone Offline

jens Wrote:You said you could run the demo for penumbra overture?

And when you say it wont launch for even a second does that mean that you click the icon and then nothing happens, the screen does not even get black?

Yep, the demo works.

Yes nothing happens, not even a blank screen, as if the exe is corrupt or something.
03-31-2007, 07:20 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

My best bet would be that there is some error with the gamers gate added software and you should contact their support for help. At the moment we don't have any other ideas
03-31-2007, 07:24 PM
Website Find
Mesocyclone Offline

Well thanks anyway.

I think I redown and reïnstall the game again. I downed it with the 32 bits downloader and after getting some problems when trying to install the game (.net related), I realised I had to take the 64 bits one of the dowloader, so maybe there was something wrong wiith the download content.
03-31-2007, 07:31 PM
Find
Mesocyclone Offline

Too bad that didn't help. After installation there wasn't a folder made in my documents. So I 'll contact them.
03-31-2007, 07:50 PM
Find