Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Cannot load the game
MentalMan Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Cannot load the game
Hey there, im sorry i was a little busy lately and forgot to check by and give some updates. Both, new nforce audio drivers and, with only the nforce sound in use and a unplugged soundcard - not worky. Sad Also tryed both ways again with and without openal installed. Weird.
04-17-2007, 10:46 PM
Website Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
MentalMan:

You said that the Penumbra: Overture demo worked right? Could see if that is still the case? The Full version and demo should be identical so I see no reasons for you not being able to play the full version if you can play the demo.
04-18-2007, 06:44 AM
Find
OO Agent Offline

Threads: 5
hmm, after reading through this thread the problem sounds very similar to mine, so i tried everything you guys suggested here. With Vista 64 i CAN run the actual Penumbra: Overture demo, but not the final game, this is very strange.

EDIT: I did alittle experimenting, the EXE for the demo works for the actual game, where the EXE for the actual game DOESN'T work on my computer, but the exe for the demo doesnt allow you to go past the limitations on the demo when you put it in the actual game directory. so this goes back to my original theory of the problem being the EXE, i guess GamersGate mustve done something to it...

also, running the game this time created a hpl log, ill upload it if you want it. but it'd probably be innaccurate due to running the demo exe for the actual game.
04-18-2007, 05:26 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
OO Agent:
The demo exe does not with the fullgame I am afraid.

Could you please contact Gamers Gate and check with them? At least have them try the wrapping on Vista 64 bit?
04-18-2007, 06:30 PM
Find
tzman Offline

Threads: 0
I have the same problem guys.

I fixed it reinstalling openAL after the game...

Download OPENAL WINDOWS XP

More info: http://www.openal.org/downloads.html
04-23-2007, 11:08 PM
Find
OO Agent Offline

tzman Wrote:I have the same problem guys.

I fixed it reinstalling openAL after the game...

nope, still nothing for me.
04-24-2007, 10:06 PM
Find
OO Agent Offline

I have contacted GamersGate and they said the version of the game that is download is the exact one you guys gave them, so they cant really help me with the issue. But i have replied with regards to their activation service, asking if this could be causing the issue, ill update upon their reply.
04-25-2007, 07:41 PM
Find
OO Agent Offline

Their reply basically: Well there's nothing else we can do.

they said the activation service could be a problem, but looks like a one theyre not intending on fixing. Will there be a patch for this game eventually that will fix the very minor bugs this game has and replace the exe? again, i know the demo exe doesnt work on the full game, but it at least launches it, which means a normal unmodified exe for the full game should do the trick.
04-27-2007, 07:48 PM
Find