Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Whats scarier penumbra black plague or Overture
iZeniix Offline

Threads: 5
Whats scarier penumbra black plague or Overture

Title says it all
03-28-2011, 04:55 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
RE: Whats scarier penumbra black plague or Overture

Black Plague was scarier but Overture was better.

Because in Black Plague you have no weapons and the infected are much more scary as the dogs.
There are corpses in Black Plague and the atmosphere was very dirty and dangerous. And the dark corridors are a pure nightmare!

But Overture was better because there was more physical puzzles and hidden solutions you have to find out.
Black Plague only was a corpse game. Overture had more deeper missions like repairing of generators or took a key under the door.

Overture was best Penumbra game I think it was better than Amnesia but the spiders are a little too strong.
03-28-2011, 05:48 PM
Find
gandalf91 Offline

Threads: 13

Black Plague is much scarier. I personally think it is scarier than Amnesia. Googolplex might be right to an extent about the puzzles, but Black Plague's puzzles are still engaging and plentiful.
03-28-2011, 06:09 PM
Find
Kingstist Offline

Threads: 0

sorry to bump an old thread but I just wanted to state my opinion. I thought black plague was much scarier. The dogs in overture would be scary if you couldnt kill them. Whenever a dog would appear I would just throw beef jerky on the floor and bash the shit out of them with the hammer. After a while it got repetitive and took the scare away. The spider part was scary the first time but it was just too difficult and got really boring doing it over and over again. I have never beaten that part and have tried over 50 times. Black plague just has a better atmosphere and the challenges arent difficult and never get boring. So all in all I would say black plague is a much better, and scarier game
11-27-2011, 07:13 PM
Find
Fomzo Offline

Threads: 13

Don't know. Have played neither of them.
11-27-2011, 08:22 PM
Find
Unearthlybrutal Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 12

Black Plague was scarier to me because of that you can kill the dogs in Overture.

When Life No Longer Exists
Full-conversion mod
11-27-2011, 08:27 PM
Website Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

(11-27-2011, 08:27 PM)Unearthlybrutal Wrote: Black Plague was scarier to me because of that you can kill the dogs in Overture.
You also can kill the infected in Black Plague by throwing enough boxes on them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq-1UUe15...re=related

11-27-2011, 09:09 PM
Find
Unearthlybrutal Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 12

(11-27-2011, 09:09 PM)Googolplex Wrote:
(11-27-2011, 08:27 PM)Unearthlybrutal Wrote: Black Plague was scarier to me because of that you can kill the dogs in Overture.
You also can kill the infected in Black Plague by throwing enough boxes on them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq-1UUe15...re=related
I knew that already and it takes too much time to kill infected.
I tried to cheat in the "Amabel infected" part but it took too long and I decided to do the part in the usual way (dropping the metal box upon her)

When Life No Longer Exists
Full-conversion mod
11-27-2011, 09:15 PM
Website Find
A Luna Offline

Threads: 2

ARgh spoilers? And wrong section?

I love playing custom stories, need a tester or someone who you want to scare easily? Pick me!:D
11-27-2011, 10:44 PM
Find
Zoridium JackL Offline

Threads: 0

I would say black plague, but i like to count the kennel in black plague as part of overture, i mean, it goes back to the dogs, uses your previous fear of the dogs against you and then you find out that the freak in the walls was the guy who dragged away the spider guy from the beginning of overture.

so as far as I'm concerned, overture gets the prize for setting the kennels up so well.
11-28-2011, 06:13 AM
Find