Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interactive Cloth model
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67
Interactive Cloth model

Anyone have a model or know how I would go about making a model for cloth which will lay over objects? I want to make an event where the player pulls a cover off of a not-so-great-looking pile of body parts and goes insane, etc etc.

Mind you my modelling/texture creating experience is close to nil. I basically only know how to move vertices and points on a box in Blender haha.
03-31-2011, 11:38 PM
Find
Anxt Offline

Threads: 12
RE: Interactive Cloth model

Honestly, I would go about it by making an entity with a net of joints. I haven't done any custom modeling myself, so it may not work, but I think that would be worth a shot.

So for example, you would have your thin cloth entity, with joints short distances apart. The more joints you use, the more fluid the entity will look.

But again, I don't know if that will work.

03-31-2011, 11:42 PM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67
RE: Interactive Cloth model

That makes perfect sense. I'll try it out, once I figure out how to do that in Blender Smile Thanks for the idea that sounds promising. Til I get some more feedback that's what I'll be trying out Smile
04-01-2011, 12:02 AM
Find