Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Strange bug with flares
Apamedvapen Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Strange bug with flares

I have a rather strange problem with the flares in the game. Each time I lit one up, and throw it away (only THROW, not dropping them) a strange bug makes the flares to "sink" through the floor disappearing. Quite annoying, but I can survive thought.
I don't think this is any driver issue or something related to that. I have updated all drivers.
A new game or loading a previous save state does not solve the issue, unfortunately.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before. I checked carefully, but couldn't find another thread regarding this issue.
03-31-2007, 12:32 AM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Strange bug with flares

This might happen and it is due inaccuracies in the physics engine that can happen with small objects.

Hopefully it should not happen to often though and I will look into making it better.
03-31-2007, 12:37 AM
Find
FROB182 Offline

Threads: 0

I also noticed this when standing over a dog and hitting it, he would sink through the floor but would pop back up. Also noticed it with the metal ladder in 2 pieces, the smaller piece fell through the ground on me.
04-01-2007, 01:07 AM
Find
Jetsetlemming Offline

Threads: 5

I noticed a dog fall through the ground once, but it popped back up as soon as it started standing up again. *Shrug* I lol'd. Then my face was eaten.
04-01-2007, 03:22 AM
Find
Apamedvapen Offline

Threads: 1

When you mention the "dogs" or wolfs or what ever they are, I had a bug with the 2nd dog. When I hit it for the first time, it disappeared under the floor, and hunted me for a while, then killed me. I could not kill it in return because it resided under the floor making it impossible to hit it, not to mention see it.
04-02-2007, 12:35 AM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

Apamedvapen Wrote:When you mention the "dogs" or wolfs or what ever they are, I had a bug with the 2nd dog. When I hit it for the first time, it disappeared under the floor, and hunted me for a while, then killed me. I could not kill it in return because it resided under the floor making it impossible to hit it, not to mention see it.
I will look into this, I have fought dogs a thousand times though and never enocuntered it so hopefully it is quite rare. Still, will check out my code and see if something can be done.
04-02-2007, 06:19 AM
Find