Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FATAL ERROR: Render #0 & Exception_Against_Violation Problem!
DemonGhoul Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago FATAL ERROR: Render #0 & Exception_Against_Violation Problem!

Alright, so I just went out and brought Amnesia: The Dark Descent, turns out it won't work for me, as of yet, so I've tried it on two different laptops.

The first one, has got said below problem.

FATAL ERROR: Render #0 could not be initalized. Make sure your graphic card drivers are up to date. Check your log file for more information.

Now, so I tried updating the drivers (don't know if that was successful or now, so let's move onto my other laptop).

Now, the second one has the below problem.

Exception Reason:
Amnesia.exe caused an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in module <UNKOWN> at 001B:00000000

...and I have no idea what the above means.

Any ideas anybody, suggestions would be nice?
I'm still looking through the Troubleshooting Guide, so if it starts working, I'll stop bothering you guys.

Thanks, in advance, for any help! Big Grin
04-03-2011, 02:51 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: FATAL ERROR: Render #0 & Exception_Against_Violation Problem!

Either the graphics driver is not updated properly or you do not have a graphics card that meets the requierments to run the game.
04-03-2011, 09:34 AM
Website Find
DemonGhoul Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: FATAL ERROR: Render #0 & Exception_Against_Violation Problem!

(04-03-2011, 09:34 AM)jens Wrote: Either the graphics driver is not updated properly or you do not have a graphics card that meets the requierments to run the game.

Okay, well I do have the desktop to try -- the only thing I think I'd need to replace is the graphics card, though do you think this would cut it or not.

Video Card:Radeon 9200 SE AGP

I highly doubt it, though all the other settings seem to meet the criteria for the game except the above, and the Memory.

It is a little old, so if you could tell me if it's out of date, that would be nice.
04-03-2011, 03:26 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Yes, that is out of date indeed, oldest supported series is the X1000.
04-03-2011, 03:35 PM
Website Find
DemonGhoul Offline

(04-03-2011, 03:35 PM)jens Wrote: Yes, that is out of date indeed, oldest supported series is the X1000.

:3 Alright, thank you so much.
I think I know what I'll have to go buy now.
Anyway, thanks again!
04-03-2011, 11:15 PM
Find