Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Would you play this type of short story?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
50.00%
1 50.00%
No
50.00%
1 50.00%
Total 2 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dilemma
gandalf91 Offline

Threads: 13
Dilemma

So, I've come to a fork in the road trying to decide something. Basically, I am in college at the moment and have limited time to work on a full blown, in-depth custom story. Also, I'm finally getting acquainted pretty well with the level editor.

Basically I started making a sort of less serious map. I have a few story ideas that explain the setting of the story, but not a full plot. What I intended was basically a large maze, with some interesting script implementations, some scares, some problems to solve, and some monsters to avoid. I had planned on developing something that would take approximately 45 minutes to play.

Since I'm more familiar with the editor and scripting now though, I could go ahead and finish this up and post it. Or I could start working on something more serious right now, and ditch this sort of preliminary project altogether. My question is, would anybody want to play something like this?

(I was also thinking of taking elements of this project and incorporating them into my more serious story.)
04-08-2011, 05:12 AM
Find
genmills Offline

Threads: 7
RE: Dilemma

I'm in the same situation! I started making a cool map where I could learn everything, but it slowly evolved, and I slowly added to the story. Now I think it's amazing and am just sticking with it. It won't be that long, but it's going to be well made.

Originally, I just wanted to make a new "bigger" story, and somehow incorporate what I had done, but instead I just lengthened this one a bit if that makes sense. I think people enjoy playing a 30 min story if it's well-made. Smile
04-08-2011, 05:17 AM
Find
Shev Offline

Threads: 25

Flip a coin.

i spam meme 4 raeg
04-08-2011, 05:50 AM
Find
Russ Money Offline

Threads: 25

More custom stories, more people hear about Amnesia. Make both.

04-08-2011, 06:45 AM
Find