Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
game freezes machine
wwgees0 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago game freezes machine

went through all steps and confirmed I have current drivers. I even dusted the inside of the machine in case it was heating up. I reduced the video level and shadows and all that to medium. have been playing for months with no problems with it on high.

game freezes within 1-2 minutes in the cellar. audio keeps playing but machine is frozen, can't ctrl/alt/del or get back to windows. this has happened 7 or 8 consecutive times in the last week. started when I got to the cellar.

I am running win xp pro sp2. I bought it from steam. and I think steam recently updated the game. about the same time that the problem started. my video card is Radeon X1950 Pro

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 3.58 KB / Downloads: 90)
04-10-2011, 12:14 AM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: game freezes machine

Im pretty sure this is a video card driver crash. This used to happen to me (in the archives) each time aswell. I recommend using Modded Drivers/OMEGA Drivers. They fixed it with mine.

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
04-10-2011, 12:52 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

It is probably the water in the cellar that is causing the issue. Try turning off / down settings that has to do with water (like world reflection).
04-10-2011, 10:10 AM
Website Find
wwgees0 Offline

(04-10-2011, 10:10 AM)jens Wrote: It is probably the water in the cellar that is causing the issue. Try turning off / down settings that has to do with water (like world reflection).

this did not work. and I do not know what "Modded Drivers/OMEGA Drivers" are.

between you guys, steam, ATI, I wish SOMEbody could help me fix this. I
05-25-2011, 10:25 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

It's because of the steam update. The save games are a little bit different when updating and the cause of the crash should be this. So, load an older save game before entering the cellar for the first time and it should work. But since you just started the game why not make sure steam has updated your game and then start a new one. You are still at the very beginning, that's why...
05-25-2011, 11:35 PM
Find
wwgees0 Offline

I updated my motherboard and installed system pack 3 and it seems to have fixed the problem. Although I was able to play for a 45 min or so and go the elevator machine to work, it then immediately froze like days of old. I went back and just did not move the mouse after the machine started working and that allowed me to get to the elevator and go downstairs with no crash. just posting in the hopes it might help someone else.
06-04-2011, 04:05 AM
Find