Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Humble request for minor fixes
Droopy Offline

Threads: 5
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Humble request for minor fixes

I don't want to come off as demanding, as Urkle has displayed the devotion to stabilizing the editor for mac users to me before.

I was just wondering if some very minor technical issues will be addressed in an upcoming patch/version.

Tiny tiny issues, mind you.

One being that the level editor will not close conventionally (selecting red x circle) unless within the GUI one selects File > Quit (or uses the hotkey)
A few of the other editors, like map viewer, will not close unless force quit.

I am entirely capable and willing to live with these issues, as they are easy to work around, but I suppose I am suggesting for optimizations' sake.

Regardless, excellent work Urkle and the others behind the scenes working on this editor. True dedication.

Listen to the fear, maybe it's your friend.
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2011, 01:25 AM by Droopy.)
04-11-2011, 01:24 AM
Find
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

Threads: 31
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Humble request for minor fixes

The map view should quit when you press the escape key, same with the model viewer.
Recall that these editors were built by windows users (well some of them do you linux as well). So unfortunately they are built with that "Style" in mind.

And, unfortunately, the keyboard handling code doesn't quite handle a "Command-Q" type shortcut. (One day I may rework it so that it CAN support that combination)

Developing away on one of
Multiple Macs running 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9.
Linux, 8-core AMD, 8GB RAM, Fedora 18, nVidia 450 1GB
04-11-2011, 02:56 AM
Website Find
Droopy Offline

Threads: 5
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Humble request for minor fixes

Excellent, thanks for the response

Listen to the fear, maybe it's your friend.
04-11-2011, 05:58 AM
Find