Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: What would you be most interested in seeing for The Scarecrow?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Feature!
0%
0 0%
Demo!
71.43%
5 71.43%
Preview!
0%
0 0%
Showcase!
0%
0 0%
Screenies!
28.57%
2 28.57%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need to get you guys interested! :D
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67
Need to get you guys interested! :D

Hey guys. I'm trying (notice the word choice) to attract attention to my mod, which I believe will be quite awesome, but it doesn't seem like anyone is biting.

What would you guys like to see? Poll above!

Here are the definitions of the words I used:

Feature - Purely environment. No music, sounds, grunts, puzzles, nothing. Just so you get to explore and interact with the environment.

Demo - Durrrr I'm releasing one of these within 2 weeks. Three if things get rough.

Preview - Video of me playing the mod. Usually pretty cool but I go out of my way to showcase the highlights of the game (scary events, grunts, puzzles, etc)

Spotlight - Video of me working in the HPL suite, creating the level itself. Check YouTube channel if interested!

Screenshots - Durrp. In-game and suite-side screenies can easily be posted with regularity Smile

04-12-2011, 06:49 AM
Find
Russ Money Offline

Threads: 25
RE: Need to get you guys interested! :D

You should do all of the above. Why? You can appeal to everyone with more information. Some folk need a video to convince them to play a video of it, some just need impressive screen shots. If you're nearing completion anyhow, there's no need to release a demo.

Just make sure to show off something different than most people do.

04-12-2011, 08:01 AM
Find
Pandemoneus Offline

Threads: 2

The screenshots you posted earlier....
They were not even average. All you did was cluttering some tiles from cellarbase together without lightning, particles, etc.
We don't want to see you building corridors, we want to see you building atmosphere.

04-12-2011, 10:17 AM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67

Atmosphere seems a little tough to put in a screenie though Pandemoneus Sad I mean sounds and ambience haha. Thanks guys

04-12-2011, 02:54 PM
Find