Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Selective Pathnodes...
Kraggdog Offline

Threads: 12
Selective Pathnodes...

So with path nodes. Will an enemy automatically use them or do you have to assign them?

I have a map with both a water lurker and a grunt but obviously I don't want them to use the same path nodes (it's possible to get the lurker out of the water).

I created the grunt first and have assigned some path nodes to him with:

AddEnemyPatrolNode("behind_grunt","PathNodeArea_1",0,"");

As this line is patrol... does this then give you control over which nodes the enemy uses? Do enemies automatically follow any nodes they come across unless given patrol nodes in the script?

I've looked at the scripting for the cellar archives and cannot find any patrol node scripts. Thought I would ask here to get some claification Smile

Thanks

P.S Currently my lurker is very easy to escape from but I think this is in part because it has no pathnodes to use if the player is able to get out of detection range fast enough.
04-13-2011, 09:22 AM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67
RE: Selective Pathnodes...

For the waterlurker, try making a script area over your water and making a callback on entering the water which alerts the waterlurker to the player's positoin.

04-13-2011, 05:15 PM
Find
Kraggdog Offline

I gave it a go today. The lurker doesn't need them assigned to it. The problem I had was that the lurker would only try and break through a door if the player was in the water. Found a work around which worked well though Smile

Now just to script and kill switch to the lurker if it tries to walk up stairs! :S lol
04-14-2011, 08:29 AM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67

Haha. Just make a collide callback on that same zone I mentioned. An exact duplicate of the water area.

AddEntityCollideCallback("lurker", "waterarea", "GoAwayEvilWaterLurker", true, -1);

void GoAwayEvilWaterLurker(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState)
{
SetEntityActive(asParent, false);
}

enjoy Big Grin I still have to add some water to my mod. Everybody loves good ol' box jumping!

04-14-2011, 03:45 PM
Find
Kraggdog Offline

(04-14-2011, 03:45 PM)palistov Wrote: Haha. Just make a collide callback on that same zone I mentioned. An exact duplicate of the water area.

AddEntityCollideCallback("lurker", "waterarea", "GoAwayEvilWaterLurker", true, -1);

void GoAwayEvilWaterLurker(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState)
{
SetEntityActive(asParent, false);
}

enjoy Big Grin I still have to add some water to my mod. Everybody loves good ol' box jumping!

Aye that's exactly it. Ran into a hitch though. I want the lurker to be active again when the user leaves that area.. it won't go up the stairs and it won't be eternally disabled. I was thinking that I could create "active true" area calls around the edge of the water where the player would re-enter.. but it's a bit messy lol
(This post was last modified: 04-15-2011, 01:56 PM by Kraggdog.)
04-15-2011, 01:56 PM
Find
laser50 Offline

Threads: 22

Make a new scriptarea to activate the monster once the player is gone?
04-15-2011, 01:58 PM
Find