Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia in the Dark? o.O
AshRiley Offline

Threads: 1
Amnesia in the Dark? o.O

Hi all, I'm very new to this forum, but I wanted to run by a concept/idea for a custom story in Amnesia, I would value the input b4 simply starting said project. I thought the old PC game, Alone in the Dark(The original on windows, not ps1-tho that wouldnt be so bad either)would be perfect to recreate in the Amnesia world, I'm not anygood with scripting. I could think of countless scenarios however that bring it back to life to scare the pants off other players Wink Lemme know what you all think.

Also, plz dont butcher me too harshly, I am only trying to pitch ideas here for now.
04-14-2011, 06:31 AM
Find
DominusVita Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Amnesia in the Dark? o.O

At the very least, it would be a good starting point to get a stronger understanding of the tools, and then build off of that to try some more creative ventures. I'd say go for it.
04-14-2011, 06:42 AM
Find
AshRiley Offline

Thats the point I am trying to make, in knowing from start to finish how the game flows vs. what you are given to create customs, it could work out nice. I guess I should have said more clearly, I want more than just myself on this project, I saw other people at a point try doing a "team project" Im trying to get attention of others who have at least played the game before to tell me what they think, not that your input is not of value. I want this to be big, not something a first timer like I would only hope to finish on his own. Making a small custom story would be a challenge, let alone basing if off a game like that, may be fans out there who'd destroy me upon first mistake What do I know though -.- forget I said nething, perhaps I was being too ambitious, time to go be reclusive now, bye.
04-14-2011, 06:58 AM
Find
Russ Money Offline

Threads: 25

If I'm not mistaken, not sure as I never played the original Alone in the Dark, but doesn't the player use a gun in that game to fight the monsters?

That'd be quite a task to code, I think.

04-14-2011, 07:05 AM
Find
DominusVita Offline

"Forget I said anything... perhaps I was being too ambitious, time to go be reclusive now. Bye."

I wasn't trying to scare you off or anything. Sad You wanted to know what I thought, and I did. It couldn't hurt to give it a go. I think I'd have to get more experience with the editor and coding before teaming up with anyone though. Best of luck to you. No need to go reclusive.
04-14-2011, 07:11 AM
Find
AshRiley Offline

I suppose so, maybe I simply misunderstood what you meant. I just dont want to be making any mistakes that would get me labled too negativly for attempting this, it's not unfair to say, gamers(of which I am also) are picky. I have learned this over time an when I tried taking SGD classes. I would at least be passionate about this idea, so theres that motivation. The game was not anything "epic" as far as I know>_>. It is mainly a horror/puzzle type game, alot of item/key retrieval, with plenty of perfect oppurtune moments to use the items/images/graphics and scripts(the hanged dead bodies from amnesia appearing behind you out of no where etc). I could go on, but of course itd spoil the game b4 its even started lol.

Edward Carnby the Alone in the Dark protagonist, does use a gun, several guns in fact. I just didnt think it terribly had to go in that much alike Smile More concentrated on the story/rooms and events. I literally have the game blueprinted in my mind, I just need to master the use of the tools before I can really try it. So anyone with a certain specialty, let me know If you are willing to try something out, Im not easy to give up once started, contrary to my lil scene made just recently ;P( its kinda like getting stage fright).
04-14-2011, 07:20 AM
Find
Russ Money Offline

Threads: 25

All in all, go for it. If you think you can pull it off, do it! The more custom stories the better.

04-14-2011, 07:47 AM
Find
AshRiley Offline

Ok then, I'll keep an eye out for more viewpoints on this, for now step 1: I need to make sure I've grasped all the events and how i can correlate them to the Amnesia world. Its spring break, so woot, here I go.
04-14-2011, 08:00 AM
Find
DominusVita Offline

Who needs parties, booze, and unadulterated sex for spring break? Let's make a bunch of creepy mansions and scare the living crap out of people. Well there ya go. Tongue
(This post was last modified: 04-14-2011, 08:07 AM by DominusVita.)
04-14-2011, 08:07 AM
Find