Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Justine? Text Behind Stairs? Letter In Glass Case?
Ratsneve Offline

Threads: 1
Question  Justine? Text Behind Stairs? Letter In Glass Case?

Tried searching but found little to none to these questions... I have the Steam version in English. Confused

1. Where does Justine fit into the story--a sequel? How long and tough is it? Similar to ATDD?

2. I've just started the game following the pink liquid and found something not mentioned in either walkthrough. I don't know if it relates to the actual game or to something Steam is doing? Sooo...you go up the first set of stone stairs, around some corners, down an open hallway with one or two more rooms off it (?) and then down another similar set of stone stairs. At the bottom you can immediately turn 180 degrees and walk back on either side of this stone staircase to a sort of hidden area behind the stairs. On the wall here there is some easily read writing with some numbers or math to the right of each line--none of which makes any sense. ??

3. In the hall back up above the stairs mentioned in 2 above there is a table/case with a note/letter covered by glass. You can break the glass but cannot get the note/read the note/letter? Is there something I'm missing doing here? With either 2 or 3??

Thank you. Do you think questions of this sort about the game are better suited here or in the Steam forum or it doesn't matter?

~Ratsneve~
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2011, 06:49 PM by Ratsneve.)
04-17-2011, 06:38 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
RE: Justine? Text Behind Stairs? Letter In Glass Case?

1. There are notes that 'letters between Herbert & Justine's father' and one from Daniel. Yo know who Herbert is? I hope you are the type of the player who reads and explores everything in game before starting to ask questions.

2. I don't understand any word of it. I need a simple and plain explanation. This is in Justine DLC?

3. If it's not pickable then it's not readable, then it's not important, simply does not contain any word.

04-17-2011, 09:01 PM
Website Find
Ratsneve Offline

1. First of all 'Justine' is a tab on the games initial start screen with absolutely 'no explanation' of what it is. I clicked on it and it started to play its game. I hope you aren't the type that somehow thinks I should keep my mouth shut and not question anything presented that I don't understand?

2. No, I'm not playing Justine--not yet and maybe never. Depends on how I get through Amnesia and how much I like it to go on into Justine. You can reach these stairs by starting a new game of Amnesia. You can probably reach the point behind these stairs in 30 seconds of running through the games start.

~Ratsneve~
04-18-2011, 10:15 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

1. Didn't mean to offend you, really. Sorry. I thought you finished it and got a couple of questions.
2. Ok. Pink liquid is explained in a note, just move forward and try not to miss any note. By the time, you might already reached there.

I hope I didn't spoil anything.

(This post was last modified: 04-18-2011, 11:20 AM by Tanshaydar.)
04-18-2011, 11:20 AM
Website Find
Ratsneve Offline

(04-18-2011, 11:20 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote: 1. Didn't mean to offend you, really. Sorry. I thought you finished it and got a couple of questions.
2. Ok. Pink liquid is explained in a note, just move forward and try not to miss any note. By the time, you might already reached there.

I hope I didn't spoil anything.
Not worried about spoiling concerning my three initial questions or I would have cautioned about it. Main concern was that my intention is to play through the game only once. I only read the walthrough after covering an area on my own first and was puzzled that the two GameFAQ walkthroughs don't even mention the writing on the wall behind the staircase, the glass you can break but the note inside you cannot read, the rooms with open ceilings that serve no purpose even though the second one includes many boxes that can be stacked up to reach (?), and make no mention of what 'Justine' was. You're right though, best to proceed full speed ahead now and take my chances with what I might second-guess and miss doing.

~Ratsneve~
04-18-2011, 06:18 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Justine is never mentioned in main game. It's only an expansion, a DLC that is made for Portal 2 event. Though, Frictional made a good job for pulling little strings from main game and tying the story somewhat.

04-19-2011, 11:38 AM
Website Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

2. and 3. are almost certainly clues added to the game relating to specific puzzles for the Portal 2 ARG and are not canon for the Amnesia game itself.
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2011, 10:21 PM by hollowleviathan.)
04-19-2011, 10:21 PM
Find