Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Buy at Frictional Games and download from Steam
Ace Offline

Threads: 1
Buy at Frictional Games and download from Steam

Hi guys

I want to buy this game but i have some unanswered questions.

I want to be able to play the game on both linux and windows. Thats why I will buy it from Frictional Games. But when i am on windows i want to be able to use steam. (When the linux client is released i will use only steam)

To use steam i need a CD-Key. After the purchase will i become a key or just able to download from store?

And thanks for this cool game. We need good games like Amnesia!
04-18-2011, 05:41 PM
Find
p0rtalthinker Offline

RE: Buy at Frictional Games and download from Steam

There is a list of Steam games that can be activated via Steam if you google it...but I believe Amnesia is not among them unfortunately. if you want ti on Steam, you'll have to buy it at the store.

04-18-2011, 08:26 PM
Find
PvtLastClass Offline

Actually, when I bought Amnesia off Frictional's website, all they gave me was a Steam download link. I'm sure the Linux download is somewhere, I just wouldn't know where to get it.
04-18-2011, 08:46 PM
Find
p0rtalthinker Offline

Ooooh sorry mate thought you bought it at retail. And yeah the linux version is available for purchase separately on their site.

04-18-2011, 08:48 PM
Find
Ace Offline

So if I buy it from the FG site I will become a Steam link and it will be in my steam games list right?

Like I said I am gonna buy from the FG site because of the Linux version... wait wait Do I have to buy the linux version seperately?
04-19-2011, 03:35 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

(04-18-2011, 08:46 PM)PvtLastClass Wrote: Actually, when I bought Amnesia off Frictional's website, all they gave me was a Steam download link.

Did you pre-order the game?
Since, I haven't used the Frictional Games' own store after the release date, I don't know whether it now have the Steam link or not.
It used to be only for those who pre-purchased the game, but I'm not sure about what it's like today.

(04-19-2011, 03:35 PM)Ace Wrote: wait wait Do I have to buy the linux version seperately?

No. One purchase includes every platform.

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2011, 04:33 PM by Yuhaney.)
04-19-2011, 04:07 PM
Website Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

One purchase includes all platforms but it does not include Steam. To get Steam you have to buy it on Steam. If Steam adds Linux support we will most likely add the Linux version of Amnesia to Steam.
04-19-2011, 06:29 PM
Website Find
Ace Offline

Thanks for everyone who answered.

I just wanted to have it on steam and in the same time the linux version. Since that is not possible (and I dont want to wait till Valve release a Linux client) I am gonna buy the game from the FG store.

Thank you all again.
04-19-2011, 07:55 PM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

I think Valve is perfectly content to have their games and steam run under WINE instead of officially porting/supporting it.
04-19-2011, 08:50 PM
Find
MooseTheScared Offline

(04-19-2011, 08:50 PM)hollowleviathan Wrote: I think Valve is perfectly content to have their games and steam run under WINE instead of officially porting/supporting it.

That's true. I saw somewhere on the Steam site that they are not going to release Linux version in the near future. But it's not a problem since Steam works perfectly in Wine. Of course, in Amnesia case it is more sensible to run native Linux version.
04-20-2011, 01:35 PM
Find