Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The sins we hide [current title] [WIP] [Screenshots]
Ghostflame Offline

Threads: 0
RE: The sins we hide [current title] [WIP] [Screenshots]

I'm with everyone else, the second one is amazing, but the other ones are pretty good too. I'm also keen for this, because 3 of those 4 screenshots have water, lots of Kaernk encounters I hope. Tongue
04-22-2011, 10:44 PM
Find
Jace Offline

Threads: 1

I agree with all of the above. The lighting looks great and greatly helps with the moody atmosphere.
04-26-2011, 09:41 PM
Find
Kraggdog Offline

Threads: 12

Taking me longer than I thought to finish this.

Besides the fact that I'm pretty deep in Architectural Visualisation Projects, this custom story has changed from three maps into seven. It won't suprise me if it comes out with more maps...

Word of advice to any new custom story makers... Plan your levels beforehand Tongue (I just had a rough idea what each level would be to fit my story).

Oh and my "3 man team" is basically just me still. One guy is still pretty newb and is taking forever to do the first map. The other guy was going to help but had never played Amnesia before.... he gave it a go and now he is too terrified to try and make his own map lol.

Progress:

Level 1: (Not mine)
Mapping 90%
Scripting 0%

Level 2: Finished
Level 3: Finished
Level 4: Finished
Level 5: Finished
Level 6:
Mapping 30%
Scipting 0%
Level 7: Not started

I was going to upload some more screenshots but.. best to leave the rest as a mystery.
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2011, 08:30 AM by Kraggdog.)
05-06-2011, 08:29 AM
Find
ferryadams10 Offline

Threads: 40

You really love water don't u?

Got a nice sofa
Please come and have a seat for a while

05-07-2011, 10:56 AM
Find
Nye Offline

Threads: 8

(05-06-2011, 08:29 AM)Kraggdog Wrote: ....

Word of advice to any new custom story makers... Plan your levels beforehand Tongue (I just had a rough idea what each level would be to fit my story).

You're so right about planning ahead. I made the mistake of having no plan - making about 7 maps in dozens of hours and then realising they didn't fit together and having to delete so many hours of stuff Sad

(This post was last modified: 05-08-2011, 12:25 AM by Nye.)
05-08-2011, 12:24 AM
Find
Kraggdog Offline

Threads: 12

(05-07-2011, 10:56 AM)ferryadams10 Wrote: You really love water don't u?

The project as a whole, their isn't that much water. I wanted to link the two environments to explain the source of the water from the previous map.

Water is fun to use though Tongue because a lot of players will know the dangers of splashing around in it Tongue So you have a level of tension added right there.

The water lurker is also probably one of the best enemies to start playing with because you can at least hinder it's mobility. You can also test out patrols with it if you are unsure without having the monster come at you lol. This was before I realised that I could just make the monsters ignore the player though.. Tongue
(05-08-2011, 12:24 AM)Nye Wrote: You're so right about planning ahead. I made the mistake of having no plan - making about 7 maps in dozens of hours and then realising they didn't fit together and having to delete so many hours of stuff Sad

Aye, I basically knew that I wanted to go from Level A to Level B... but the transition didn't really flow or make that much sense when I tried it out... breaking the immersion.. I realised it was more like going from A to D.. I had to add B and C in before I was happy.
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2011, 08:33 AM by Kraggdog.)
05-09-2011, 08:30 AM
Find