Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amnesia: Justine Discussion Topic
gandalf91 Offline

Threads: 13
RE: Justine story

(04-13-2011, 04:11 PM)LargePad Wrote:
(04-13-2011, 03:08 AM)Neotyguy40 Wrote:
(04-13-2011, 03:01 AM)LargePad Wrote: I've died 3 times. =/ In one of the later parts:
Spoiler below!
In the dungeon, I figured out that there's levers on the opposite sides of the doors. But then I got to the part with the valves, and saw that there were 4~ and basically just shat myself. No way I can think under that pressure. Any help?

Spoiler below!
I know it is difficult to do something like that under pressure, but the monster is actually VERY slow and doesn't run. You can literally go from one side of the room to the other without it catching you if you know how to. It looks a lot more difficult than it really is.

Spoiler below!
God damn, he's not slow at all! I tried this out and he caught up to me running in under a few seconds. D:

Spoiler below!
I know! The monster sure seemed fast to me as well! I ran the whole way away from it through the water dungeon, tried to close a door behind me and before I could even finishing turning around I was dead! The thing seems at least as fast as the grunt in the original story.
04-14-2011, 09:47 AM
Find
Funman Offline

Threads: 10
Justine for non-Steam

So I've heard about the "Justine" expansion for Amnesia: The Dark Descent, and I've heard about how only people that bought the game off of Steam can play it. I've also read that it will "eventually" be released for all the other people that don't use Steam. I'm not trying to be annoying or anything, but do you guys have any idea when it will be playable by people who don't own Steam? Like, just a general idea? A week? A month? A year? What? Because frankly, it looks awesome and I really want to play it. Thanks for your help!
04-15-2011, 01:36 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
RE: Justine for non-Steam

After Portal 2 release?

04-15-2011, 01:42 AM
Website Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

Portal 2 release might not be far off http://www.aperturescience.com/a/b/c/d/g/h/abcdgh/
04-15-2011, 01:53 AM
Find
SidOreos Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Justine Story?

Oh.
So that probably means you got a bad ending?
haha
I'll have to play it through again when I have the chance.
04-15-2011, 02:14 AM
Find
gandalf91 Offline

Threads: 13

I guess it's being released elsewhere first before the States...over here it's coming out 4/19.
Although I just looked at the wiki page and it says 4/19 North America, 4/21 everywhere else. Confused
(This post was last modified: 04-15-2011, 02:15 AM by gandalf91.)
04-15-2011, 02:14 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Justine grows stranger since her childhood. Gloomy spaces, weird tests with his father ( remember slides). As she becomes mature, she takes the basement which was extended far beyond the manor during first revolution, and while she uses there as a playground, she thinks of The Cabinet.

The Cabinet slowly turns into a hellhole, she uses there to play games with her suitors, torture them, etc... Her acts start to attract attention and one of the suitors father puts a special investigation on her, trying to prove that she is mentally sick.

After many plays, she grows tired of her plays and wants to re-discover her true self. Though it is unknown who you play is just her, or reincarnation of her, she tests herself to find her true nature, you either save the people or kill them to advance in chambers. One way, where you kill them, is a proof of her nature that she always meant to be a torturer, while other way suggests that she was mentally sick and trying to comfort herself with sick acts, but finds herself life can go on without killing anyone.

Well, I know last sentences are just a mess, but this is what I understand from the story so far. I need to play it a few times more.

04-15-2011, 03:00 AM
Website Find
SidOreos Offline

(04-15-2011, 03:00 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote: Justine grows stranger since her childhood. Gloomy spaces, weird tests with his father ( remember slides). As she becomes mature, she takes the basement which was extended far beyond the manor during first revolution, and while she uses there as a playground, she thinks of The Cabinet.

The Cabinet slowly turns into a hellhole, she uses there to play games with her suitors, torture them, etc... Her acts start to attract attention and one of the suitors father puts a special investigation on her, trying to prove that she is mentally sick.

After many plays, she grows tired of her plays and wants to re-discover her true self. Though it is unknown who you play is just her, or reincarnation of her, she tests herself to find her true nature, you either save the people or kill them to advance in chambers. One way, where you kill them, is a proof of her nature that she always meant to be a torturer, while other way suggests that she was mentally sick and trying to comfort herself with sick acts, but finds herself life can go on without killing anyone.

Well, I know last sentences are just a mess, but this is what I understand from the story so far. I need to play it a few times more.

Thanks. Big Grin
This is random,
but did you get the best ending?
I wanted to see if anybody else noticed the reference to the portal credit song "Still Alive"
xD
04-15-2011, 03:31 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Yes I reached Potato. Though, I had to finish it a few times to make the game accept my playthrough.

04-15-2011, 10:58 AM
Website Find
zoneiv Offline

RE: Justine story

(04-14-2011, 09:47 AM)gandalf91 Wrote:
(04-13-2011, 04:11 PM)LargePad Wrote:
(04-13-2011, 03:08 AM)Neotyguy40 Wrote:
(04-13-2011, 03:01 AM)LargePad Wrote: I've died 3 times. =/ In one of the later parts:
Spoiler below!
In the dungeon, I figured out that there's levers on the opposite sides of the doors. But then I got to the part with the valves, and saw that there were 4~ and basically just shat myself. No way I can think under that pressure. Any help?

Spoiler below!
I know it is difficult to do something like that under pressure, but the monster is actually VERY slow and doesn't run. You can literally go from one side of the room to the other without it catching you if you know how to. It looks a lot more difficult than it really is.

Spoiler below!
God damn, he's not slow at all! I tried this out and he caught up to me running in under a few seconds. D:

Spoiler below!
I know! The monster sure seemed fast to me as well! I ran the whole way away from it through the water dungeon, tried to close a door behind me and before I could even finishing turning around I was dead! The thing seems at least as fast as the grunt in the original story.

Spoiler below!
There are ways to make sure the monster can never get to you. It just takes some preparation. There are many boxes scattered about; just grab them all and create a little blockade in the passage the monster comes from. I originally thought it would slow the monster down, but I think it actually made it so it couldn't chase me. Anywho, good luck, Guys.
04-16-2011, 07:47 AM
Find