Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fatal Error?
Krishtina Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Fatal Error?

Hello, I just purchased the game Amnesia: The Dark Descent a few moments ago. I have installed the game, but when I try to play it, a window pops up that says, "FATAL ERROR: Renderer #0 could not be initialized! Make sure your graphic card drivers are up to date. check log file for more information."

I honestly have no idea what this means.

Could someone please tell me what this means and how I can solve this problem?

My laptop uses Windows, and I have no idea what else to say ... because I am not educated with computers.

Thank you for your time.
(This post was last modified: 04-26-2011, 02:22 AM by Krishtina.)
04-26-2011, 02:09 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Fatal Error?

What graphic card do you have?
If intel, then you're screwed, you cannot run the game. If ATI or nVidia, downloading newest drivers might help.

04-26-2011, 02:27 AM
Website Find
Krishtina Offline

(04-26-2011, 02:27 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote: What graphic card do you have?
If intel, then you're screwed, you cannot run the game. If ATI or nVidia, downloading newest drivers might help.

I have no idea how to even find out what kind of graphic card I have. How can I find out?

If it turns out I'm screwed, can I give back the download and get a refund?
04-26-2011, 02:31 AM
Find
Bek Offline

Threads: 4

Press WIN key + R and a dialogue box will appear - in that type "dxdiag" then press Run. That will launch a window with lots of information - go to the "Display" tab up the top, and under device write down the name here.

OR: Go to C:\Users\*YOUR_USER_NAME*\Documents\Amnesia\Main\ and upload the hpl.log file here.

If it turns out you're screwed you probably can't get a refund because it was your responsibility to make sure you could run the game (by checking your comp stats against the requirements and/or downloading the *free* demo to test yourself)
04-26-2011, 03:00 AM
Find
Krishtina Offline

Oh no! You're offline?
T_T
Here I was waiting for a reply when you're not online.
Sorry to bother you, then.
(04-26-2011, 02:31 AM)Krishtina Wrote:

I have no idea how to even find out what kind of graphic card I have. How can I find out?

If it turns out I'm screwed, can I give back the download and get a refund?

Under device it says, "Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family

I think I'm screwed. And I so wanted to play this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I know I'm not buying a product from Frictional Games anymore. They won't work for me.
(04-26-2011, 03:00 AM)Bek Wrote: Press WIN key + R and a dialogue box will appear - in that type "dxdiag" then press Run. That will launch a window with lots of information - go to the "Display" tab up the top, and under device write down the name here.

OR: Go to C:\Users\*YOUR_USER_NAME*\Documents\Amnesia\Main\ and upload the hpl.log file here.

If it turns out you're screwed you probably can't get a refund because it was your responsibility to make sure you could run the game (by checking your comp stats against the requirements and/or downloading the *free* demo to test yourself)

Under device it says, "Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family

I think I'm screwed. And I so wanted to play this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I know I'm not buying a product from Frictional Games anymore. They won't work for me.
(04-26-2011, 03:00 AM)Bek Wrote: Press WIN key + R and a dialogue box will appear - in that type "dxdiag" then press Run. That will launch a window with lots of information - go to the "Display" tab up the top, and under device write down the name here.

Is there anything I can do to make Amnesia work for me, despite my intel drivers?
I have uninstalled Amnesia, and I will try to delete my account.
I shall not make anymore dealings with Frictional Games.
(This post was last modified: 04-26-2011, 03:29 AM by Krishtina.)
04-26-2011, 03:02 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

You should have tried the 'free demo' and look at the system requirements.
Anyway, I don't know anything about refund, Steam doesn't do that.

04-26-2011, 04:24 AM
Website Find
xiphirx Offline

Threads: 16

You ever run Linux? I heard the Linux intel drivers work for Amnesia D:

04-26-2011, 05:20 AM
Find
Bek Offline

Threads: 4

(04-26-2011, 03:02 AM)Krishtina Wrote: Under device it says, "Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Not their fault at all. But yes unless you can find another computer to use, or the amnesia can be run with the intel drivers under linux like the person above said (which I haven't heard before) you're out of luck.
04-26-2011, 05:31 AM
Find
Krishtina Offline

(04-26-2011, 05:31 AM)Bek Wrote:
(04-26-2011, 03:02 AM)Krishtina Wrote: Under device it says, "Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Not their fault at all. But yes unless you can find another computer to use, or the amnesia can be run with the intel drivers under linux like the person above said (which I haven't heard before) you're out of luck.

I know it's not their fault. It is 100% my fault. Smile
I just don't want to waste any more time buying products from them if I can't use them. Smile
04-26-2011, 10:10 PM
Find