Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've lost my crowbar!
robedits Offline

Threads: 3
I've lost my crowbar!

I need to break the window in the study to crawl out on the ledge, in order to get into the blocked room to find the 3rd and final crystal.
BUt I used the crowbar somewhere else in the study (I guess),though I don't remember doing so. Either way,the crowbar is NOT where it's supposed to be (according to numerous WTs) now,and I've tried many ways to break the window and cannot...without said crowbar.
I've looked high and low throughout all the detrious. Don't know where I might have dropped the crowbar,but it ain't in the stufy rooms or hallways!
Suggestions,anyone? Thanks.
04-26-2011, 12:03 PM
Find
TFEF Offline

Threads: 0
RE: I've lost my crowbar!

Any object will do, just throw something at the window.
04-26-2011, 12:39 PM
Find
robedits Offline

You'd think this would be so,but that's simply not the case.I've thrown chairs,books,heavy objects,crosses,etc at the correct (according to the W/T) window. Doesn't break. Apparently the crowbar is needed. If you;'ve used something besides the crowbar to break the window,please LMK what you've used because after apparently losing my crowbar, I tried for a half hour to break the darn window,and couldn't.

(04-26-2011, 12:39 PM)TFEF Wrote: Any object will do, just throw something at the window.
04-26-2011, 01:02 PM
Find
skypeskype Offline

Threads: 6

If you go near it, a growl should semi-break the window and you can finish the work with a rock or anything else.
04-26-2011, 02:37 PM
Website Find
Serena Offline

Threads: 2

I guarantee you that the crowbar would not work, even if you had it in your inventory. The window may be glitched in some way, but it is intended to be broken by thrown force. I can't imagine why it's not breaking, a chair or rock from the nearby caved-in hallway really should work.

Try loading an earlier save, perhaps a script did not trigger - normally the game makes you look at the window briefly as glass tinkles, as a hint that the window is breakable.
04-26-2011, 02:37 PM
Find
robedits Offline

I'll try it tonight,thanks! My earlier save was WAAAYYY before this,so I don't want to re load a save here. YEs,I threw chairs,rocks,crosses,no break. If I could,I'd throw MYSELF at it after a half hour of futility last night:-)

(04-26-2011, 02:37 PM)Serena Wrote: I guarantee you that the crowbar would not work, even if you had it in your inventory. The window may be glitched in some way, but it is intended to be broken by thrown force. I can't imagine why it's not breaking, a chair or rock from the nearby caved-in hallway really should work.

Try loading an earlier save, perhaps a script did not trigger - normally the game makes you look at the window briefly as glass tinkles, as a hint that the window is breakable.
04-26-2011, 03:40 PM
Find
Doctorcheese Offline

Threads: 28

Well I just kept clicking on it until it broke Tongue

But I guess the real way is to throw something heavy at it.

''Sick, twisted child... You'll burn for this!''
04-26-2011, 04:44 PM
Find
gandalf91 Offline

Threads: 13

(04-26-2011, 04:44 PM)Doctorcheese Wrote: Well I just kept clicking on it until it broke Tongue

Lol, didn't even know about that method.
04-26-2011, 06:21 PM
Find
robedits Offline

Well, I found my (Broken) crowbar. I must have used it to break into a room. Couldnt take it with me. As it turns out,as someone mentioned,I didnt even need it. I was attempting to break the wrong window! THe window to break was actually in one of the Study hallways! ON to the dungeons...

(04-26-2011, 06:21 PM)gandalf91 Wrote:
(04-26-2011, 04:44 PM)Doctorcheese Wrote: Well I just kept clicking on it until it broke Tongue

Lol, didn't even know about that method.
04-27-2011, 12:18 PM
Find