Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where is Linux client?
hayspat Offline

Threads: 1
Where is Linux client?

I've bought Amnesia on Steam, downloaded Windows Client and played smoothly.
But i cant get linux version on steam.
How can i get?
04-29-2011, 05:41 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
RE: Where is Linux client?

Steam buys gets you only PC & Mac versions.
Frictional Store buys gets you all versions.
If Steam starts a Linux service, most likely Amnesia will be there; however at this point, only way to get Linux version is Frictional Store.

04-29-2011, 05:46 PM
Website Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Steam doesn't support Linux.
Only PC and Mac.

As said before, getting Linux version is only through Frictional Games store.

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2011, 07:02 PM by Yuhaney.)
04-29-2011, 05:53 PM
Website Find
hayspat Offline

I've got original game and i cant play on the linux? this is ridiculous. FG dont aggrieve your costumers, please. This is not about to steam. Steam is only game shop. If i have a key, the company have to help me for about linux client.
04-29-2011, 05:59 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

Well I don't see it in any of the user agreements. You should've learned about it before buying from Steam.

04-29-2011, 06:07 PM
Website Find
hayspat Offline

What about customer satisfaction? This is the most important thing, isn't it? and I'm not satisfied. I wish FG helps to steam costumers. Why they're dont do that? Its so hard? I think not.
I'm downloading via torrent when i had an original game. You think its normal? I say again this is completely ridicuolus.
I'm so angry because I'm not a gamer. I have bought that game only for helping which makes games to linux.
Anyway thanks for supporting Linux, I wish you continued that. But this steam problem is not nice at all.
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2011, 06:23 PM by hayspat.)
04-29-2011, 06:15 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

How it's Frictional Games' fault if Steam doesn't support Linux?

04-29-2011, 06:58 PM
Website Find
xiphirx Offline

Threads: 16

Why aren't you complaining to Valve and the hundreds of other companies that don't offer a Linux version when you purchase on steam then?

04-29-2011, 07:16 PM
Find
MooseTheScared Offline

(04-29-2011, 06:15 PM)hayspat Wrote: Why they're dont do that? Its so hard? I think not.
I'm so angry because I'm not a gamer. I have bought that game only for helping which makes games to linux.
Anyway thanks for supporting Linux, I wish you continued that. But this steam problem is not nice at all.

Actually it may be not that easy to automatically provide Linux versions of the game to those who bought it on Steam. I don't know the technical details, but Steam is not just an application downloader, it is the whole cloud platform with its own rules and logic.
Steam itself does not officially support Linux at all. You're probably launching it under WINE, but that is unsupported way of doing it, and you do it at your own risk. Nobody guarantees that something is going to work under WINE. So Steam is obviously not the preferred distribution system for gaming in Linux; in the case of Amnesia it makes absolutely no sense to buy it through Steam while there is an official Linux version available at Frictional store.
And I'm sorry, but I see no reason to be angry here. As a Linux user I am very grateful to Frictional for making such a great multi-platform game, which is available as a native application for my favorite OS despite the fact that Linux customer base is much smaller than Windows and therefore contributes much less to the sales income.
04-29-2011, 07:31 PM
Find
gandalf91 Offline

Threads: 13

This is ridiculous. Instead of complaining about customer satisfaction how about taking this as a lesson learned on the topic of consumer awareness?
04-29-2011, 10:27 PM
Find