Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Penumbra Flashlight Port to Amnesia (HD-fied)
ricky horror Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Penumbra Flashlight Port to Amnesia (HD-fied)

Alright, so I understand how it work and how to install it. [: But how you you use this to just replace the lantern in a custom story you're making, so that way, people who don't have this flashlight mod installed, will still have the flashlight in the custom story you've made in replace of a lantern?

Many thanks for the flashlight!!!! Big Grin

Amnesia: Ricky's Horror - Full Conversion
05-01-2011, 11:53 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

Check this thread http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-7733.html

05-02-2011, 12:11 AM
Website Find
ricky horror Offline

(05-02-2011, 12:11 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote: Check this thread http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-7733.html

that didn't work for me :/ to test it out and make sure, i didn't install the flashlight mod into the actual game's models folder just to see if it'd work for the custom story and show up

do I have to manually add the flashlight's entity to the map and have them pick it up? or can i just place a lantern there and it should automatically be replaced?

also, how to you add custom entities to a map you're making?

05-02-2011, 12:43 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Flashlight won't work without a total conversion. In a custom story you cannot add it.

With modeleditor and materialeditor most things can be added.

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2011, 01:51 AM by Tanshaydar.)
05-02-2011, 01:50 AM
Website Find
ricky horror Offline

Good work on the flashlights!

Two things though:
1) Seeing as the flashlight still uses the Lantern sounds, do you guys plan on changing that, to flashlight sounds?
2) Seeing as the flashlight still runs on oil, as the lantern did, do you plan on making oil replacements such as batteries or something? To fit the flashlight.

(05-02-2011, 01:50 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote: Flashlight won't work without a total conversion. In a custom story you cannot add it.

Thanks!

(05-02-2011, 01:50 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote: With modeleditor and materialeditor most things can be added.

I'm not sure what you mean... :/
I've opened both those and have looked, can't find anything of the sort.

I was talking about, in LevelEditor, when making your maps, stories, conversion, how to add custom entities to the entity list, so that you won't have to place down a random entity and then swap it for the custom one.

05-02-2011, 02:47 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

(05-02-2011, 02:47 AM)ricky horror Wrote: Good work on the flashlights!

Two things though:
1) Seeing as the flashlight still uses the Lantern sounds, do you guys plan on changing that, to flashlight sounds?
2) Seeing as the flashlight still runs on oil, as the lantern did, do you plan on making oil replacements such as batteries or something? To fit the flashlight.

It's in cfg files and I changed that, you can hear it in video I posted earlier. I'm thinking of replacing battery with oil, and making a new HUD, but that's really hard and making batteries instead of oil and make them work sounds frustrating at the moment. Might took me days to implement.

(05-02-2011, 02:47 AM)ricky horror Wrote:
(05-02-2011, 01:50 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote: With modeleditor and materialeditor most things can be added.

I'm not sure what you mean... :/
I've opened both those and have looked, can't find anything of the sort.

I was talking about, in LevelEditor, when making your maps, stories, conversion, how to add custom entities to the entity list, so that you won't have to place down a random entity and then swap it for the custom one.

You can always create a new folder, i.e. "MyEntities" and place your custom entities there, and in custom_stories folder you can create an entities folder with inside MyEntities folder with your custom entities. LevelEditor will see them.

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2011, 03:51 AM by Tanshaydar.)
05-02-2011, 03:50 AM
Website Find
xiphirx Offline

Threads: 16

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...l#pid48584 <- Sound replacement

Also, about the oil and inventory. We would need to replace the oil model, oil text, and some textures, which is a bit too much imo for a simple mod D:

05-02-2011, 03:53 AM
Find
ricky horror Offline

(05-02-2011, 03:53 AM)xiphirx Wrote: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...l#pid48584 <- Sound replacement

Also, about the oil and inventory. We would need to replace the oil model, oil text, and some textures, which is a bit too much imo for a simple mod D:

nice [: thanks!

05-02-2011, 03:55 AM
Find
Gunslingerjh Offline

Threads: 48

I copied and replaced all the files, but when I load a savegame and press f, the lantern shows up, not the flashlight! What am i doing wrong? Undecided

05-07-2011, 10:55 PM
Find
xiphirx Offline

Threads: 16

Dont copy "Penumbra flashlight mod", copy the "models" folder within it

05-07-2011, 11:51 PM
Find