Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
.DDS file question
nkmol Offline

Threads: 19
.DDS file question

so i know how to animate and make models, but i never wonderd how i could make a new texture file Tongue
like for testing i made a box whith a box texture. I made the texture in Photoshop and saved all as .jpg. One upper, One front and back, below and sides. Now my question is how i can make one .dds file, from these photos? i've looked at the original textures but they are really complicated Tongue

Thanks for any advice Smile
05-01-2011, 11:06 PM
Find
DonProtz Offline

Threads: 15
RE: .DDS file question

Hi nkmol,
you need plugin for photoshop to open and safe dds files, just google but you can safe also use jpg for example amnesia engine dont mind...
Hmm but i think you have a different issue, the orginal textures look complicated because you need to create an uv map. Hmm hard to explain, because english is not my first language, but you should search for uv unwrapping tutorials on the net. Once you get it, its not that catchy, you just need to take your time to do it neat. What 3d program you use?

Hello my friend, stay a while and listen
05-01-2011, 11:46 PM
Find
nkmol Offline

Threads: 19
RE: .DDS file question

thank you very much, finnely it worked Smile now i only need to know what the other Maps mean. It's really dark now because i dont have the 'Shinyes' map Tongue
but really thank you, after i get back from vacation i'll try to figure it out Wink (going today so.. )

btw i use 3DS max and Zbrush (gonna use Maya for animation now).
05-02-2011, 11:54 AM
Find