Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Particle System HELP NEEDED =3
Simpanra Offline

Threads: 28
Question  Particle System HELP NEEDED =3

Hello everyone =) A really quick question form me, I would really like to know the script function for activating a particle system. By this i mean; I have an AddEntityCollideCallback which calls for; Give sanity damage, play sound at entity (the entity is a door) and finally i want the script for making dust appear infront of the door (to give the appearance of something hitting the door from the far side). I have seen this done before and i tried to make the particle system appear by setting it as inactive in the editor and then using a SetEntityActive function to spawn it. I have tested the map and the sanity damage is dealt and the sound effect does play (though really quietly....speaking of which, does anyone know how to increase the volume of a sound effect?) but the particle system just doesn't appear =(

All help is much appreciated and if you could help me with increasing the volume of a sound effect then that would be great too ^_^

Thanks!!!!

Edd,
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2011, 05:30 PM by Simpanra.)
05-04-2011, 05:30 PM
Find
Roenlond Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Particle System HELP NEEDED =3

void FunctionName(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alstate)
{
CreateParticleSystemAtEntity("InternalName", "ps_particlefile.ps", "Where to spawn, either at a real entity or just create a script area for it", true);
}

Only way I know to set the volume of a file is via playmusic. You could try to use:

FadeGlobalSoundVolume(float afDestVolume, float afTime);

for the duration of the sound effect, and then fade back to normal - that would increase the volume of all sounds and music, though.
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2011, 05:46 PM by Roenlond.)
05-04-2011, 05:44 PM
Find
Simpanra Offline

Threads: 28
RE: Particle System HELP NEEDED =3

(05-04-2011, 05:44 PM)Roenlond Wrote: void FunctionName(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alstate)
{
CreateParticleSystemAtEntity("InternalName", "ps_particlefile.ps", "Where to spawn, either at a real entity or just create a script area for it", true);
}

Only way I know to set the volume of a file is via playmusic. You could try to use:

FadeGlobalSoundVolume(float afDestVolume, float afTime);

for the duration of the sound effect, and then fade back to normal - that would increase the volume of all sounds and music, though.

Thank you! =D I am going to test this now =)
05-04-2011, 05:48 PM
Find