Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Model texturing help
newo Offline

Threads: 1
Model texturing help

Hi everyone!

I'm kind of sad that my first post is one on a topic that everyone probably thinks is a bit silly but I'm having a few issues with getting my custom model to load into the model viewer (or even come up in the model editor preview).

The text file that I'm getting states that it can't find any of the material for the diffuse, specular or NMap (along with the rest of them) so I'm not sure whats hapenning.

I've created a new folder in the entities folder named test material, and one within that named Shadow_fin (the model is a shadow shark fin type thing). The files in Shadow_fin folder are all labelled Shadow_fin.(mat, msh, ent, dae, etc) and I've renamed the mesh in the .ent file and .msh file to Shadow_Fin, so the submesh comes up with the name Shadow_Fin as well.

I'm not sure why it is that its not loading into the model viewer and any help would be greatly appreciated!

(Copy and paste from the crash text file below)

WARNING: No loader for type 'StaticProp' found!
Using default loader!
Loading material data for 'ShadowFin'
Create default material!
Creating material file: 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/amnesia the dark descent/entities/Test material/ShadowFin/'
No file for 'Diffuse' texture type found
No file for 'NMap' texture type found
No file for 'Specular' texture type found
No file for 'Alpha' texture type found
No file for 'Height' texture type found
No file for 'Illumination' texture type found
No file for 'CubeMap' texture type found
No file for 'DissolveAlpha' texture type found
No file for 'CubeMapAlpha' texture type found
No file for '' texture type found
05-08-2011, 12:53 PM
Find