Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Denying fear? Mind over matter? Does it work for you?
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35
RE: Denying fear? Mind over matter? Does it work for you?

(07-05-2012, 11:59 PM)IsaacJGL Wrote: Well, I was seriously freaked all throughout the game, and one of my old classmates said he had played amnesia six times, said it wasn't scary. But he didn't even know what the protagonist's name was. (he didn't play)

"Don't forget, something's mustn't be forgotten, the shadow hunting me, I must hurry. My name is DANIEL, I live in London at... at... Mayfair"
Truly hate people who do this sort of thing.

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
07-13-2012, 02:47 AM
Find
raptorhunter6 Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Denying fear? Mind over matter? Does it work for you?

When first playing Amnesia I recall wind blowing loudly from my open window and shadows being cast around the room, with eerie noises all around. It made me really scared to play and I took a break at one point because it was too much. i guess just like my first encounter with the dog in Penumbra Overture when I only heard its howl, you can let your imagination wander and it helps you develop a fear that you know isn't real. With Amnesia I felt that fear and even panic during chase scenes or when you hear a monster break randomly through the door and you have to hide. Frictional Games truly harnessed this and put it to work and it helped me, at least, be able to experience fear that I couldn't deny just like that. And don't even get me started on the custom stories, its like a nightmare that never ends yet I love subjecting my self to it lol
07-14-2012, 03:33 AM
Find