Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Denying fear? Mind over matter? Does it work for you?
Atwa Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Denying fear? Mind over matter? Does it work for you?

I can't, Amnesia scares the living shit out of me. I pause and tell myself its only a game but once im back there I get just as scared. I have to play Amnesia in short burts which makes the game take forever to finish. Not only that but I lost my save that was around sewers and now im running it through the second time. Oddly enough its kinda worse now cause I remember roughly where monsters show up.. so whenever I am near a place that I know eventually will turn up a monster my nerves break down.
02-19-2012, 06:19 PM
Find
theDARKW0LF Offline

Threads: 17

It's funny, the game was definitely scary for me in my first play-through, I had many jumps and moments where my skin crawled... But funny thing is, that despite all the mind-numbing horror and barricading doors out of absolute fear of what might be in the next room, I could play the game for hours on end! I still remember the night I beat the game. I came back from one of my university classes at around 10pm and played Amnesia pretty much from then till I beat it, which took about a good 5 hours. 5 dark, lonely, head-phoned hours of horror.

Sure I was scared, but somehow I've realized that I have the willpower psychologically to just push on without needing a sanity break every now and then. Maybe my mind has already been broken beforehand? 0_o

Check out my custom stories(1)(2)!
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2012, 09:00 PM by theDARKW0LF.)
02-19-2012, 08:57 PM
Find
betafotball Offline

Threads: 1

I have never meet a person who was not scared of Amnesia. But I´ve meet tons of people who never had the guts to even play half the game.

My name is Legion, for we are many
03-12-2012, 11:51 AM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(12-26-2011, 03:43 PM)Dagrocks Wrote: Umm, I'm not afraid of this game. I laugh when I die. It truly is funny if you think about it. Funny in a gruesome way.

Some guy is running through a castle while he runs away from a guy with his jaw ripped off and a guy with his face so strange looking that he sounds like a cow.

I was playing Justine yesterday. I built a tower up to the place with the wax cylinder and boxes, then I went to the first cell to the left and ran up and climbed up there. I threw a boc at Alois (the enemy) and he said "You came for me!" I started laughing. He decided it would be smart to spin in a circle, so he did and it looked like he was a pretty good dancer, so I jumped on his head and got to study the things he says without being killed. I even passed out a few times ontop of him. And when I ran away, i ran around the small corner, crouched, and he started hitting the wall repetedly. I wasn'y scared at all, i was laughing.

This game really isn't scary. But it's fun, it's beautiful, and it's amazing! Well sure sometimes you can get a little bit scared but I don't really. Penumbra Overture is the scariest game for me because DOGS ARE REAL. I've seen a dog. But never a flappyjaw. So he doesn't scare me.
A very accepted theory is that the monsters in amnesia are actually the mutilated soldiers that you here about in the wine room. So if you agree that their's only one brute, then you can see this -->"It feels as though my head is going to explode, blood is pouring from my eyes and I can't. . ." could mean this -->"Holy Shit! That thing has a vagina for a face!"

And even if you don't accept those creatures as being possible, the creatures in Justine are too true. They are simply human beings broken by the cruelty of another. The noises in Justine could be either: You're insane (which you actually find out she has a serious mental disorder), fragments of past memories, or all part of Justine's experiment is to use recordings to affect you. Another thing about Amnesia is that when you're in *SPOILERS* the torture chambers the game relies sheerly on the realization; This is all possible, it happened perhaps, hundreds of times before. Not to video game characters, but to real people. Imagine being sawed in half. Imagine what it must be like, to be shoved in a bronze tomb, a sick parody of a fable; monument of humanities ignorance, to be burned alive in such a machine -- ears bleeding from one's own screams echoing around you.

I could make another human look like a grunt, and don't think I couldn't. In fact, all those years ago people could do the same. Some of the flesh on their legs are missing; it could've been torn off and sown to their throat. I could remove your bottom jaw, take of all the skin, and glue it to the inside of your mouth. Like fucking play-doe. Take your hand, remove all the fingers, and replace them with a porcupine's quills. Looks who's "Flappy Jaw" now. Cool
06-28-2012, 07:15 PM
Find
MaZiCUT Offline

Threads: 31

Amnesia scares me a lot, but i still keep on going cause i like the story.

Hi.
06-28-2012, 07:22 PM
Website Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

If you don't properly immerse yourself (i.e. following the guidelines frictional games show the first time you start the game) and try to approach the game with a macho attitude, then you won't be (as) scared

I rate it 3 memes.
06-28-2012, 07:29 PM
Find
MaZiCUT Offline

Threads: 31

(06-28-2012, 07:29 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote: If you don't properly immerse yourself (i.e. following the guidelines frictional games show the first time you start the game) and try to approach the game with a macho attitude, then you won't be (as) scared
I do all that. Why is it said to only play Amnesia for 15 minutes each time though with breaks? I play games non-stop whenever i feel like stopping and then i played Amnesia a lot too.

The storage and the prison made me scream.

SCREAM I TELL YOU!

Hi.
06-28-2012, 09:29 PM
Website Find
IsaacJGL Offline

Threads: 3

Well, I was seriously freaked all throughout the game, and one of my old classmates said he had played amnesia six times, said it wasn't scary. But he didn't even know what the protagonist's name was. (he didn't play)

"Don't forget, something's mustn't be forgotten, the shadow hunting me, I must hurry. My name is DANIEL, I live in London at... at... Mayfair"

Paint the lines... cut the man... Paint the lines... cut the man...

07-05-2012, 11:59 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

(07-05-2012, 11:59 PM)IsaacJGL Wrote: Well, I was seriously freaked all throughout the game, and one of my old classmates said he had played amnesia six times, said it wasn't scary. But he didn't even know what the protagonist's name was. (he didn't play)

"Don't forget, something's mustn't be forgotten, the shadow hunting me, I must hurry. My name is DANIEL, I live in London at... at... Mayfair"
i'd slap him with a fish

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
07-07-2012, 10:36 AM
Find
LunchBag Offline

Threads: 2

I feel like as you go on and see it more it becomes less scary and you can tell yourself it is just a game and sometimes even laugh at yourself, but if you take a break it is harder to pick back up x-x .
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2012, 09:31 PM by LunchBag.)
07-12-2012, 09:31 PM
Find