Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to fight fear that this game inspires?
Damelos Offline

Threads: 1
How to fight fear that this game inspires?

Hey, I've tried repeatedly to get myself the courage to move into the prison level. But I can't help but get overwhelmed by fear and then just quit.

The ironic thing is, I've seen most of what happens down here - It's just the actual doing it which my brain goes 'Nope, nope.' Does anyone have any newbie tips for a newbie who wants to complete his first run of Amnesia?
05-09-2011, 11:40 AM
Find
Kraggdog Offline

Threads: 12
RE: How to fight fear that this game inspires?

I don't recommend this sort of play...

But if you know where the monsters will spawn (they are all scripted) then just go over in your head exactly where you are going to run and hide before you bump into the expected encounter.

There is also another method but I SERIOUSLY do not reccomend it. So I won't say it Tongue
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2011, 12:28 PM by Kraggdog.)
05-09-2011, 12:25 PM
Find
Damelos Offline

(05-09-2011, 12:25 PM)Kraggdog Wrote: I don't recommend this sort of play...

But if you know where the monsters will spawn (they are all scripted) then just go over in your head exactly where you are going to run and hide before you bump into the expected encounter.

There is also another method but I SERIOUSLY do not reccomend it. So I won't say it Tongue

I've only seen the prison area once, and I forgot where most of it is Sad I don't know it of the top of my head, but there's something about it that scares me, the same sort of fear that the storage had, except the prison is so.. odd, with it's long corridors.
05-09-2011, 01:23 PM
Find
Fomzo Offline

Threads: 13

Err, first of all, don't force yourself to play Amnesia if you're not ready for it.
Some time ago I recieved a copy of F.E.A.R., but I wasn't ready to play it back then, and put it away.
I only got strength to play it a year later, and I was amazed by the game.
Trust me, sometimes it's worth waiting.Smile
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2011, 02:35 PM by Fomzo.)
05-09-2011, 02:34 PM
Find
Damelos Offline

(05-09-2011, 02:34 PM)Fomzo Wrote: Err, first of all, don't force yourself to play Amnesia if you're not ready for it.
Some time ago I recieved a copy of F.E.A.R., but I wasn't ready to play it back then, and put it away.
I only got strength to play it a year later, and I was amazed by the game.
Trust me, sometimes it's worth waiting.Smile

Alright, Thank you. ^^ I'll wait for a while then.
05-09-2011, 03:11 PM
Find
Sergiy Offline

There are some barrels in the corner, grab them and make yourself a "safe spot", should you hear growling, or anything scary, hide behind them.

I gotta admit, I was very scared to enter the prison... But those barrels were my "Happy place".
Also, if you get too scared, pause the game, take a 30min break, may not be the best thing for the atmosphere, but it's healthy!
05-09-2011, 03:15 PM
Find
Fomzo Offline

Threads: 13

(05-09-2011, 03:15 PM)Sergiy Wrote: There are some barrels in the corner, grab them and make yourself a "safe spot", should you hear growling, or anything scary, hide behind them.

I gotta admit, I was very scared to enter the prison... But those barrels were my "Happy place".
Also, if you get too scared, pause the game, take a 30min break, may not be the best thing for the atmosphere, but it's healthy!

Do you know that monsters in Amnesia have the power to crush even like a twenty-barrels barricade?Tongue
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2011, 09:00 PM by Fomzo.)
05-09-2011, 09:00 PM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

(05-09-2011, 11:40 AM)Damelos Wrote: Hey, I've tried repeatedly to get myself the courage to move into the prison level. But I can't help but get overwhelmed by fear and then just quit.

The ironic thing is, I've seen most of what happens down here - It's just the actual doing it which my brain goes 'Nope, nope.' Does anyone have any newbie tips for a newbie who wants to complete his first run of Amnesia?

Just force yourself to go at whatever pace is comfortable with you, if you have a hard time getting through an area because of fear, what I did is I started over until I reached that part, going through the fear of previous areas over and over helped toughen me up until I could handle that part
05-10-2011, 12:52 AM
Website Find
Tenacious Offline

Threads: 6

(05-10-2011, 12:52 AM)Hunter of Shadows Wrote:
(05-09-2011, 11:40 AM)Damelos Wrote: Hey, I've tried repeatedly to get myself the courage to move into the prison level. But I can't help but get overwhelmed by fear and then just quit.

Just force yourself to go at whatever pace is comfortable with you, if you have a hard time getting through an area because of fear, what I did is I started over until I reached that part, going through the fear of previous areas over and over helped toughen me up until I could handle that part

I vouch for this, it totally works! I couldn't stand the storage area, so I just made a new profile and replayed the entire game until I got back to the same area. This time, however, I felt confident enough to make it through virtually unscathed. Smile
05-10-2011, 03:30 AM
Find
csm Offline

Threads: 0

The prison is hard, but there is plenty of hiding spots. Jut remember the monster can't harm you in real life. and continue.
05-10-2011, 04:20 AM
Find