Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The strappado torture poster
Tox Offline

Threads: 2
The strappado torture poster

First of all, I would like to thank Frictional for this excellent game. I finished it and I can say that it is by far the most scary experience I have lived through on any medium (tv/cinema/pc etc), even more than Penumbra. I've played through the game once, always as suggested (dark, headphones, empty house, night time) and absolutely without spoiling it with walkthroughs or by visiting the forums. I don't think I will be playing it through it again, not in the near future at least, as I did with Penumbra, because I want to remember it as a unique experience. Believe me when I say, I never actually came face to face with a monster, and the few times I was killed I made Daniel stare at the floor because I was too frightened to face them Tongue

Having said that, here's what the thread is about:

Spoiler below!
In the strappado torture room (where the woman was killed), there is a yellow poster showing how the contraption functioned. I examined it closely, and just as I was about to move on I noticed that the torturer has a big chunk of meat missing from one of his legs! Upon closer examination, his face looks strange too, what I first thought was a beard seems like a big flappy mouth. The saw torture poster guys also look kind of strange (well, a lot actually), but at least they don't have any parts missing. So, were the torturers human or undead servants of Alexander? I remember one victim in a flashback saying to his torturer "You are human, after all". Or maybe that one was referred to Daniel or Alexander...
The posters I'm talking about can also be found in the secret rar archive (found that thanks to the forums) under misc art.
05-10-2011, 11:49 PM
Find
eiahmon Offline

Threads: 13
RE: The strappado torture poster

The posters in the torture rooms are real medievil works depicting how those things worked. Their appearance changes depending on your sanity level, I believe

Spoiler below!
Alexander and Daniel are doing the torturing.

What has been seen, cannot be unseen.
05-11-2011, 07:20 AM
Find
Sergiy Offline

Threads: 1
RE: The strappado torture poster

The way that this game used sanity to alter the enviornment is amazing.
But i feel it did'nt do it often enough.
05-12-2011, 10:15 AM
Find