Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Loading issue (not really a bug, but an annoyance)
Jetsetlemming Offline

Threads: 5
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Loading issue (not really a bug, but an annoyance)

When you load up a previous save game after progressing farther than it in Penumbra, and die while playing that game, if you click continue the game will load the most recently saved save game, rather than the most recently loaded savegame. It has the same effect as clicking continue on the main menu. In order to restart at the point I had loaded, I have to click main menu, then navigate the save files again. I'd recommend the game over continue default to loading the most recent manually loaded savegame unless you've saved while currently playing or started playing from hitting continue on the main menu rather than manually loading a save, it would save a headache or two. Tongue I was using the manual saves to go back to the ice lake to record that video I made.
04-03-2007, 08:53 AM
Find
Willbreaker Offline

Threads: 6
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Loading issue (not really a bug, but an annoyance)

I don't agree.

I think that the last saved game is the one to use. What if you are in the end and you only loaded in the beginning. How much of annoyance wouldn't that be?

The developers did the right thing here, in my oppinion.

/Breaker
04-06-2007, 12:55 AM
Find
Jetsetlemming Offline

Threads: 5
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Loading issue (not really a bug, but an annoyance)

Do you get what I meant? I was talking about the continue button on the game over screen. If I load a previous save, then die, continue doesn't load me back at where I was, it loads me at the furthest point in the game I've reached. The normal continue button on the main menu would work as it already does.
04-07-2007, 02:50 AM
Find