Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Her Games' Monster Trouble [SOLVED! NEW UPDATE IN SHOWCASE]
Karai16 Offline

Threads: 24
'Her Games' Monster Trouble [SOLVED! NEW UPDATE IN SHOWCASE]

Hey guys, I have a general question here for the people who've played my custom story so far. Has anybody had trouble about the monsters in the hallway around the dungeon not spawning after picking up the key?

bobbo has this problem, and it doesn't matter which version of my story he plays. But the weird thing is, I've tested this multiple times, it does work... Does anyone have the same problem, or might know what's going on? Please tell me. Huh

Custom stories:
Her Games (100% Complete)
Her Games, All Bugs Fixed (100% Complete)
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2011, 09:47 PM by Karai16.)
05-15-2011, 10:13 PM
Find
Anxt Offline

Threads: 12
RE: 'Her Games' Monster Trouble

Hrmm...I have noticed that the monster spawns when I first pick up the key, but then it disappears after a while and I just proceed onward without issue. Not sure what the problem is, but only one grunt spawns and it doesn't hang around long.

05-15-2011, 10:30 PM
Find
Rownbear Offline

Threads: 13

When I picked up the key and looked at the note it said her 2 pets. I only heard one behind that door and didnt see anything to the other when i ran to the tower door.
05-15-2011, 10:49 PM
Find
Karai16 Offline

(05-15-2011, 10:30 PM)Anxt Wrote: Hrmm...I have noticed that the monster spawns when I first pick up the key, but then it disappears after a while and I just proceed onward without issue. Not sure what the problem is, but only one grunt spawns and it doesn't hang around long.

Thats the thing, multiple monsters are supposed to spawn, and I never put a despawn script for them anywhere... but also when I test it, I can hear multiple monsters spawning, so I'm not sure what's happening...

Custom stories:
05-15-2011, 10:50 PM
Find
Anxt Offline

I will take a look at it and let you know what I find.
Your script says to activate a grunt 5 and 6, but there are no grunts past 4. Perhaps you didn't upload the most updated version? Or maybe the map is saving in the wrong place and therefore working for you but not us?

(This post was last modified: 05-15-2011, 11:03 PM by Anxt.)
05-15-2011, 11:00 PM
Find
Karai16 Offline

Hold on! I think I see the problem, it is going to be a while before I fix this though...

Custom stories:
05-15-2011, 11:07 PM
Find
Anxt Offline

Well, that's fine, I'm glad you see the problem though!

Always a nice feeling to finally find out what is wrong and then fix it Smile

05-15-2011, 11:08 PM
Find
bobbo Offline

Threads: 1

Okay, I played it two more times now to see if I could recreate this.

1st I picked up the key from the ceiling and approached the monster noises. And indeed there were two grunts, one in the entrance room to the dungeon which saw me and tried to attack me and another one near the exit door. Also, they didn't seem to despawn when I hid somewhere. Instead, I somehow managed to get them interested in smashing doors so I could run past them unnoticed. So I guess this is the way you wanted it to be, Karai?

On my 2nd play I did what I did before: When I picked up the key from the ceiling I immediately ran to the left of the desk in that room, crouched and faced the wall (I did this on my very first try because I thought the grunt would come search the room and this seemed to be the only dark spot to be at least a little hidden). And like before, after a little while the monster-is-near-music stopped and the monsters weren't in the hallway anymore.

So it seems (keep in mind that I have absolutely no clue about how level creation works) as if they only keep patrolling if I come closer to them / they see me. If I sit in the dark corner, they'll vanish instead.

edit: Whoops, looks like it to me too long to post this, glad to see you found the problem already! :thumbsup:
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2011, 11:17 PM by bobbo.)
05-15-2011, 11:15 PM
Find
Karai16 Offline

Well, I haven't found a sollution for that problem yet... but I found out why not everything went as I planned... you see, there are supposed to be 4 monsters there.

Custom stories:
05-15-2011, 11:31 PM
Find
bobbo Offline

Threads: 1

Four of them - "she" is really mean then. Big Grin
05-15-2011, 11:35 PM
Find