Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
new patch = crashing
winterghost Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago new patch = crashing

I purchased Amnesia from Steam a little while ago and there has been no issues until today. I didn't play it yesterday (can't remember if I played the day before), but today steam patched it and suddenly it is repeatedly crashing - three times within about 30 mins I think.

The first time it crashed when i "saved and exited", that time my progress was saved when I went back in. But the second time it just crashed whilst I was playing and I lost all progress since the last time which is frustrating and I see little point in playing until it is sorted out. When I went to exit it crashed again.

As nothing else has changed, no settings or anything else have been altered since I last played a few days ago, I am pretty certain something in the patch has messed the game up.

The error message I got for the last crash is:
"Amnesia.exe caused an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in module Amensia.exe at 001B:00520685" I also saved the errorlog that time too if it is needed.

I couldn't see anyway to contact you guys directly about this problem other than in the forum so apologies if this is not the right way to report bugs.
05-16-2011, 10:42 PM
Find
scowie Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: new patch = crashing

I just got a crash upon exiting the game too. Havent had a crash during play yet, but that was my only session since the last update (on Steam).
05-17-2011, 02:39 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Have you tried to verify the cache or to re-install the whole game?
05-17-2011, 07:53 AM
Website Find
winterghost Offline

(05-17-2011, 07:53 AM)jens Wrote: Have you tried to verify the cache or to re-install the whole game?

No I haven't, because it was working perfectly until the patch was installed, then it began crashing and it looks like I am not the only one having this issue given the other posts so I really think the patch is the issue.

I don't really want to lose my save game by reinstalling the game unless I have to, especially as I assume it will be patched again automatically?

I do not know how to verify the cache sorry, can you explain that more?

I am going to attach the errorlog to this post.

Attached Files
.log   errorlog-16-05-2011(21.19.27).log (Size: 95.18 KB / Downloads: 123)
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2011, 10:46 PM by winterghost.)
05-17-2011, 10:44 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

You will not lose saves by reinstalling the game. To verify cache integrity you right-click on a game in Steam, choose properties and there under one of the tabs you will find the option.

It could be that it crashes because the game has been updated and updating during an ongoing game is not recommended. I know you don't have a choice on Steam, but it could be the reason why it crashes.
05-18-2011, 07:09 AM
Website Find
winterghost Offline

(05-18-2011, 07:09 AM)jens Wrote: You will not lose saves by reinstalling the game. To verify cache integrity you right-click on a game in Steam, choose properties and there under one of the tabs you will find the option.

It could be that it crashes because the game has been updated and updating during an ongoing game is not recommended. I know you don't have a choice on Steam, but it could be the reason why it crashes.

It didn't update while I was actually playing, I verified the cache and it said everything was fine.
I'll try reinstalling the game to see if that fixes it.
05-19-2011, 06:12 PM
Find
winterghost Offline

Well as I said I verified the cache it said it was all fine. I reinstalled it and it's crashed again.
I also re-verified the cache just now to check again, it is still fine.

As I said in my original post the game worked perfectly until it was patched and now it's crashing repeatedly, I really don't think that can be a coincidence.

Is anyone looking into this to see if there is a problem with the patch? I would really like to be able to play the game I payed for.

Was going to attach the new errorlog but it is too big apparently.
(This post was last modified: 05-20-2011, 03:46 AM by winterghost.)
05-20-2011, 03:42 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

It is not a problem with the patch, because Steam is not patched at the moment (since Wednesday), it was reverted back to the old version.
05-20-2011, 07:22 AM
Website Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

in order to post the log, fist delete it and then run the game again until it crashes. Then, upload it to us. Right now it is big because there are a lot of crash recordings in it.

(05-20-2011, 07:22 AM)jens Wrote: It is not a problem with the patch, because Steam is not patched at the moment (since Wednesday), it was reverted back to the old version.

Although I'm a retail user I'm curious, why did that happen?
(This post was last modified: 05-20-2011, 09:21 AM by plutomaniac.)
05-20-2011, 09:20 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

You have to ask Steam about that Smile
05-20-2011, 09:40 AM
Website Find