Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Short stories .pdf isn't in game folder (Steam)
Raefire Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Short stories .pdf isn't in game folder (Steam)

Aside from the waiting-all-day-while-the-update-constantly-suspended on Steam debacle - once I finally got the update downloaded...I can't find the short stories that were added. There's supposed to be some .pdf file with them, but it's nowhere in my folder for the game. And I've verified the game files on Steam and it says everything's fine. Did the update get amnesia?
05-18-2011, 02:06 AM
Find
Eliarph Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Short stories .pdf isn't in game folder (Steam)

This is also happening to me.

I had the pdf before the recent update, but somehow it was deleted when the patch was downloaded.

I already tried to validate game cache, but everything is fine.

This is probably happening to everyone using steam. Here is the original thread in Steam forums: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/sh...?t=1893986

More people are reporting that the PDF is gone.
05-18-2011, 09:53 PM
Find
Gharren Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Short stories .pdf isn't in game folder (Steam)

Download Link is in this thread:
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-8087.html

I'm a werewolf. Meow.
-----------
The Beauty of Nature.
-----------
05-18-2011, 10:09 PM
Website Find
Gradon Offline

It reverted the update, apparently.
And it's still on the Portal Golden Potato update or something.
Not sure, don't have the game on Steam, just what I heard, so they're not included.
05-18-2011, 10:19 PM
Find
Eliarph Offline

Thanks for the replies.

Yea, I was playing Amnesia right now and it looks like it was reverted. A few days ago the game was "updated" to remove Valve ARG stuff, but today I saw the shadow of P-bot (from Portal 2) in the main menu screen and was wondering why it had returned.

Well, hopefully we will see an update soon to fix these issues.
05-18-2011, 11:30 PM
Find