Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.22 Average
Professor Brislows Castle
Rownbear Offline

Threads: 13
RE: Professor Brislows Castle, Demo out!

(05-18-2011, 08:39 PM)bobbo Wrote: I have just finished it.

Spoiler below!
I liked that there were some levers instead of too many keys (although the way they were arranged it was lever, lever, crowbar, key, key, I think, maybe that could be mixed a bit in a futere map). I also liked the grunt hiding in that room in the basement. I lured him out and the chase was an intense moment, but I was a bit disappointed that it served no purpose because there was nothing important hidden in his room.

What I didn't like was that picking up a key meant insta-spawning a monster. To me that was not scary but a bit boring. The hallucinated grunt didn't scare me either: He spawned just too near to my position to be real. Unfortunately, the water chase wasn't very scary: The way it was set up I could clearly feel that the monster wasn't close to me, I was able walk the last part to the door. I don't know how those functions work, but maybe the beast can be made faster?
Hey, Thanks for the feedback. Yes I still have some tweaking to do with the monsters and puzzles, and it's not so easy to be unpredictable either Big Grin. But I'll come up with better solutions as I keep getting more experienced with scripting. Smile

05-18-2011, 08:53 PM
Find
Rownbear Offline

-Fixed small bugs and added some more sounds-

05-19-2011, 08:48 AM
Find
betafotball Offline

Threads: 1

Hi, got a question.
Spoiler below!
In the main hall there is one gate and two doors. One door says
"Work in progress" and the other one has no label. But you can enter the one with "Work in progress" but you can´t enter the nameless. I am confusedConfused Would you please tell me what is going on?

My name is Legion, for we are many
05-19-2011, 09:18 PM
Find
Rownbear Offline

(05-19-2011, 09:18 PM)betafotball Wrote: Hi, got a question.
Spoiler below!
In the main hall there is one gate and two doors. One door says
"Work in progress" and the other one has no label. But you can enter the one with "Work in progress" but you can´t enter the nameless. I am confusedConfused Would you please tell me what is going on?
Oh, yeah I putted the door there but the map is far from finished so I didnt include it in the demo, Should've just removed the door or make it say "No Map" or something. sorry about that

05-19-2011, 09:37 PM
Find
coop97 Offline

Threads: 0

This custom story is one of the best custom stories I've played so far. The one thing I think you need to add to it are some more subtle scares like windows breaking and books falling off shelves. At the end of the demo, when I was about to go around the corner and heard the brute, I said, "Oh. It's him again."
On the bright side, one of the most memorable moments when i played was the cellar with the dead body pile. I hid behind barrels for about a minute when the monster showed up. I thought it would be another fake so i ran up to it and hit with a barrel; it was real. I then ran to the dead body room and hid in the pile. The monster started to break down the door, then got stuck. I found two flaws on that part. If the monster is chasing you and you hide in the pile of dead bodies, when the monster sees you and starts trying to kill you, it can't until you jump out of the pile. The second one is the monster got stuck trying to break down the door to room with dead bodies.
Other than that, this is one of my favorites.
(This post was last modified: 05-19-2011, 09:43 PM by coop97.)
05-19-2011, 09:37 PM
Find
Rownbear Offline

(05-19-2011, 09:37 PM)coop97 Wrote: This custom story is one of the best custom stories I've played so far. The one thing I think you need to add to it are some more subtle scares like windows breaking and books falling off shelves. At the end of the demo, when I was about to go around the corner and heard the brute, I said, "Oh. It's him again."

Hey, thanks for feedback. Yeah I wanted to focus alot on subtle scares and I want to add more, I just need to plan them out Smile
Spoiler below!
And I actually wanted him to go inside the deadbodies room and break down the door. But there is actually 2 doors there and I need to sort out the script so it's only one. he gets stuck hitting an invisible door. and maybe i'll lower the wall there so he can atleast hit you Tongue
As for the brute: He's patroling in circles around that area, so when you get the item there you have to avoid him on the way back aswell. but I just added him and put the credits in the end room. As that level need alot more work Smile

(This post was last modified: 05-19-2011, 09:47 PM by Rownbear.)
05-19-2011, 09:43 PM
Find
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5

Excellent scary sory for playing at deep night, and you alone in room with your earphones!

love that grunt in room "Work in progress", it seems that was very scary.

so, thanks for using justine files.

seems adding a Justine monster with chains would make your story MORE SCARIER!
keep it up!ExclamationWink

p/s/ i found bug:
[Image: placez.th.jpg]
in this place, when you walking with lamp ON, there "s cracks ound, like lamp is broken, but it still lights on !
05-19-2011, 10:30 PM
Find
Rownbear Offline

(05-19-2011, 10:30 PM)Dark Knight Wrote: Excellent scary sory for playing at deep night, and you alone in room with your earphones!

love that grunt in room "Work in progress", it seems that was very scary.

so, thanks for using justine files.

seems adding a Justine monster with chains would make your story MORE SCARIER!
keep it up!Exclamation

p/s/ i found bug:
[Image: placez.th.jpg]
in this place, when you walking with lamp ON, there "s cracks ound, like lamp is broken, but it still lights on !

Hey thanks for feedback, will look into that bug Smile Yes I originally planned to use the suitor enemy from justine in the sort of prison section but for people without the files maybe they wouldnt see it. maybe i'll use it for final release as everyone can get those files now Big Grin

05-19-2011, 10:41 PM
Find
Indecential Offline

Threads: 0

't was awesome.
05-20-2011, 09:00 AM
Find
betafotball Offline

Threads: 1

Hey, you kow what would make your sewer chase very awsome?
Make the player choose one path out of two and if they make a bad choice they face a dead end. So the player have to run back past the monster again.

My name is Legion, for we are many
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2011, 08:58 PM by betafotball.)
05-23-2011, 07:39 PM
Find