Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating a "Silent" enemy in Model Editor [Suitor] PLEASE HELP
Simpanra Offline

Threads: 28
Creating a "Silent" enemy in Model Editor [Suitor] PLEASE HELP

So in my map i have a suitor that chases you, i had this before justine was fully released for non-steam users as a friend leant me the model. Due to the fact i didn't have justine fully installed the suitor had no music or words he just gasped at you. This is how i like it as it means that the music tracks that i play during a "cutscene" moment, still worked (i used music tracks because i had tried every way to play them as sound effects but it didnt work). However, now i have justine the damned suitor has a soundtrack and he speaks and such. This means that the music i placed in the game (at very specific times which took a VERY long time to do) dont play anymore because the suitors music is the games top priority.

So my simple question is this =)
Without simply deleting the music and sound files for the suitor, how do i make him "mute" as such? All i want to hear from him is that high pitch ringing you get when an enemy chases you.

I am fairly sure i can make him mute through the model editor but i dont know how =/

Thank you for the help ^_^

Edd,
05-19-2011, 08:06 AM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67
RE: Creating a "Silent" enemy in Model Editor [Suitor] PLEASE HELP

Go to 'Settings' then choose 'User-defined variables' then find all the fields that set the enemy's sounds. There is a field for activation, idle, notice, attack, etc. Scroll through and check carefully, because I'm sure I missed a few! Big Grin

Silent monster eh? Nasty. Don't use that to sneak up on innocent folks.....

By the way, that "screeching, high-pitched" sound you're speaking of is part of the game engine. It always plays when any monster (with the exception of the water lurkers, if I'm not mistaken) is chasing you. Basically, it means RUUUUUUN

(This post was last modified: 05-19-2011, 08:09 AM by palistov.)
05-19-2011, 08:08 AM
Find
Simpanra Offline

Threads: 28

(05-19-2011, 08:08 AM)palistov Wrote: Go to 'Settings' then choose 'User-defined variables' then find all the fields that set the enemy's sounds. There is a field for activation, idle, notice, attack, etc. Scroll through and check carefully, because I'm sure I missed a few! Big Grin

Silent monster eh? Nasty. Don't use that to sneak up on innocent folks.....

By the way, that "screeching, high-pitched" sound you're speaking of is part of the game engine. It always plays when any monster (with the exception of the water lurkers, if I'm not mistaken) is chasing you. Basically, it means RUUUUUUN

>D sir you just gave me an idea "looks mischievous" hope nobody here is prone to heart attacks, that would make my job too easy >D

P.S thanks for the help ^_^ gonna test it now =)

Edd,
05-19-2011, 08:11 AM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67

Haha no! Honestly I cannot handle having monsters randomly pop out of nowhere. I played a test map where someone did that and I almost knocked my poor laptop off the desk!

And you're very welcome! Best of luck, sir

05-19-2011, 08:17 AM
Find