Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Hello I'm a modeller
Hermoor Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Hello I'm a modeller

Ok started on horse man a request from Danaragon. It's imporant to remember that I'm following his concept art in the creation of this. So credit goes to him for the design Wink
[Image: wipr.png]
This is what a model looks like after 5 min of working time xD

EDIT:
[Image: horsemanr.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2011, 05:32 AM by Hermoor.)
05-24-2011, 04:54 AM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

(05-24-2011, 04:54 AM)Hermoor Wrote: Ok started on horse man a request from Danaragon. It's imporant to remember that I'm following his concept art in the creation of this. So credit goes to him for the design Wink
[Image: wipr.png]
This is what a model looks like after 5 min of working time xD

EDIT:
[Image: horsemanr.png]

you're an industrious fellow
05-24-2011, 06:13 AM
Website Find
Hermoor Offline

Thanks, here is an update. Still need to figure out how to combine the horseskull and the starved body in a way so it looks...good. Hard to imagine such a weak body could carry around on such a big horse head. Maybe he could have iron tubes or chains or something that holds the skull in place hmmm...
[Image: horseman.png]
EDIT2:
Ok added a mask, which explains why he doesn't or can't open his big mouth. Also in order for him to be able to carry the skull I attached the mask to his back. Like it has been operated into his back. Also put some small poles through his hands. This will basically be a "man" who has been tortured and experimented with...

Going to add big nasty looking horse eyes soon. This will really make him look creepy. Still not sure about his lower body, it feels kind of weak...but he is suppose to be starving...hmmm not sure what to do suggestions appreciated.
[Image: horseman.png]
EDIT3:
Ok new update, tell me what you think. With some tweaking maybe this model could soon be ready for texturing. But I need your opinion on things, what to improve?
[Image: horseman.th.png]
Click on thumbnail to view a bigger image...
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2011, 07:45 AM by Hermoor.)
05-24-2011, 06:24 AM
Find
ferryadams10 Offline

Threads: 40

I'd give him some flesh wounds in his stumic and his legs. and try to make him a little bit fatter do this and it'll be some scarier allready.
I won't be affraid of that kind a monster.

Ferry,

Got a nice sofa
Please come and have a seat for a while

05-24-2011, 03:53 PM
Find
Hermoor Offline

Yes I think he needs to be fatter too. This was my reference:
[Image: starving_man.jpg]
But as we all can see this guy can't walk. There is no way he would be able to hold a horse head on his own head without going down on all four. So he needs to be beefier, still want to keep him a bit starved though.

Like he has been tortured in the deep basements and has been without food for weeks. Hungry for human flesh :p This is probably a better reference:
[Image: balejuice1.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2011, 05:40 PM by Hermoor.)
05-24-2011, 05:38 PM
Find
DonProtz Offline

Threads: 15

puh the first picture is a littel bit, hmm dont find a word to use this as reference... hmm

Hello my friend, stay a while and listen
05-24-2011, 06:20 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85
Photo  RE: Hello I'm a modeller

[Image: desenhodoadriano2005201.jpg]

he isn't that fin :/ it looks a bit like a skeleton in here... i don't realy like the iron thingys in him id rather not see it... but maybe some iron stuff like this http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3098/2471...af1501.jpg would be better... the horse head is not only a skull... because in the drawing he still haves neck (in other words the horse's head was cut of wend the animal was still alive...then it was attached to the human body whit loots of "surgery"(ropes and stitches)... but whit time it started to rotten) and one more thing... he has a claw in is left arm so... ya Smile

but thank you very much for all this Big Grin i have though on my monster for soo long and i finnaly am starteing to see him getteing shape ^-^
but now i am worry of one thing.... if he is too tall... he might not pass through the doors :/
05-24-2011, 07:17 PM
Website Find
vcplz Offline

Threads: 3

that guy in amnesia would be so scary i would be so scared that i couldnt move daniel or i would run away and try to avoid him at all costs
but he looks amazing and very scary i cant wait to see the final product textures and all
05-24-2011, 08:20 PM
Find
Cryaotic Offline

Threads: 13

I just want to say I really appreciate the work you've done! We have very few modelers and I'm glad to see someone taking the initiative and doing their best at crafting new enemies for people to utilize.

After so many encounters with the classic grunts, brutes and water monsters, the effect can really wear thin. With some new visuals and hopefully, with the help of some talented sound designers, audio as well, the community could really give Amnesia a breath of fresh air and bring back the feeling of dread it once brought.

Good luck in your future projects!

05-24-2011, 08:27 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

(05-24-2011, 08:27 PM)Cryaotic Wrote: I just want to say I really appreciate the work you've done! We have very few modelers and I'm glad to see someone taking the initiative and doing their best at crafting new enemies for people to utilize.

After so many encounters with the classic grunts, brutes and water monsters, the effect can really wear thin. With some new visuals and hopefully, with the help of some talented sound designers, audio as well, the community could really give Amnesia a breath of fresh air and bring back the feeling of dread it once brought.

Good luck in your future projects!

damnit xD i wanted to see your reaction wend playing my story xD!!! now you kinda know whats comeing :/

why did you looked xD
05-24-2011, 08:56 PM
Website Find