Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Hello I'm a modeller
Hermoor Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Hello I'm a modeller

Asymetrical wounds, nope not at the moment. I know the character gets more "character" if you make each side unique, but also complicates things a lot. Or it adds to the workload, first you have to unwrap both sides of the model. This means the texture resolution will be half as good. Since each part of the model will take up more of the texture. Second if one would add a bigger hand for example...the rig also has to be asymetrical. Meaning you wouldn't be able to use the rig that is already inside the game. Which I think is what you want to do right?

Anyway it is possible to at this point start all over, but it's going to be a pain :p If you want a normal map I can sculpt it, wouldn't take too long. But I got other things to do so it might take a few days then...
05-26-2011, 12:31 AM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

(05-26-2011, 12:31 AM)Hermoor Wrote: Asymetrical wounds, nope not at the moment. I know the character gets more "character" if you make each side unique, but also complicates things a lot. Or it adds to the workload, first you have to unwrap both sides of the model. This means the texture resolution will be half as good. Since each part of the model will take up more of the texture. Second if one would add a bigger hand for example...the rig also has to be asymetrical. Meaning you wouldn't be able to use the rig that is already inside the game. Which I think is what you want to do right?

Anyway it is possible to at this point start all over, but it's going to be a pain :p If you want a normal map I can sculpt it, wouldn't take too long. But I got other things to do so it might take a few days then...

actualy the original monster's rig is asymetrical... thats why i wanted a claw in the left arm for a start... like in the "grunt" monster here: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/691/thethingy.png/
and yes the other monster also haves the same "bones"

but i wouldn't mind to wait a bit more for the normal map... it usualy makes magic to low poly models Big Grin so ya take the time you need for that

mean time i have to find some one that can replace the original's monster's model whit this one.
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2011, 01:22 AM by Danny Boy.)
05-26-2011, 01:20 AM
Website Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

It's too bad that the monsters use the same animations... having more uniqueness to them than mere model and sounds would have been nice. Sad

Also, right now, that model doesn't really look that threatening. Sure, it has a giant horse head, but it has no real way to attack. It's a famished man with no weapon of any kind and only a loincloth on. It needs a claw or something sharp, otherwise all it can do is pimp-slap you... unless you want to animate a headbutt. That would be pretty brutal, with that big horse head.

Oh man if you could make this sucker lower its head and charge you like a bull? :o

[Image: signature-2.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2011, 03:14 AM by Streetboat.)
05-26-2011, 03:12 AM
Find
Hermoor Offline

Hello, sorry for being unactive for a day. I'm a bit busy with other stuff, since it's only the texture that is left on the horse man I thought maybe someone could fix it themself. Here is the texture... Wink
[Image: horsemantex2.png]
it shouldn't be too hard to figure out what the different parts are, but if you need the model or some info let me know. Good luck, I will keep working on it when I got the time. Unfortunately I'm a bit "busy" right now ;=)
05-27-2011, 08:13 AM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

i added some details Tongue
[Image: thehorsehead.png]
i hope its ok Big Grin
05-27-2011, 03:40 PM
Website Find
Hermoor Offline

Here is what that texture looks like, if you are satisfied with it I can send it to you.
[Image: horsie.png]
05-27-2011, 03:55 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

(05-27-2011, 03:55 PM)Hermoor Wrote: Here is what that texture looks like, if you are satisfied with it I can send it to you.
[Image: horsie.png]

hmm... maybe the texture didn't fit has well has i thought :/

oh well you can send me whit the texture he had before :/
oh but you know how to make it visible in Amnesia right?
iff you do... send it to me Big Grin
05-27-2011, 04:05 PM
Website Find
Hermoor Offline

I don't know how to put it inside the game no...
05-27-2011, 04:08 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

(05-27-2011, 04:08 PM)Hermoor Wrote: I don't know how to put it inside the game no...

well i think its in here: http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/tut...?s[]=model and maybe here http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl1/doc...s[]=models
(This post was last modified: 05-27-2011, 04:45 PM by Danny Boy.)
05-27-2011, 04:43 PM
Website Find
Hermoor Offline

Seems like it needs a bunch of other textures...hahaha omg I'm hungry. Good luck Wink
05-27-2011, 04:46 PM
Find