Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Models problem
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65
Models problem

I've started using maya and I've got a question:

How to get the model materials from maya to a mat file?

If you could give me a detailed explanation I'd be gratefull since I've searched around but found nothing.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
05-21-2011, 06:19 PM
Find
Invader Fluff Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Models problem

(05-21-2011, 06:19 PM)nemesis567 Wrote: I've started using maya and I've got a question:

If you could give me a detailed explanation I'd be gratefull since I've searched around but found nothing.
The materials in Amnesia are .dds files, which can be easily opened by the DDS Photoshop Plugins from Nvidia. That'll help you get them out of .dds format and enable you to save in a format that Maya can handle more easily. I don't know what to do from there, though. I've never created a mat file before.

Say, you wouldn't happen to know how to get the Amnesia model files into 3D Max or Maya, would you? I want to get the suitor into 3D Max or Maya, so I can play with him, but none of the plugins or converters I've tried have worked. The model files are .msh files. I've looked everywhere, but I can't find anything Sad
(This post was last modified: 05-22-2011, 12:05 PM by Invader Fluff.)
05-22-2011, 12:04 PM
Find
Roenlond Offline

Threads: 3

(05-22-2011, 12:04 PM)Invader Fluff Wrote:
(05-21-2011, 06:19 PM)nemesis567 Wrote: I've started using maya and I've got a question:

The materials in Amnesia are .dds files, which can be easily opened by the DDS Photoshop Plugins from Nvidia. That'll help you get them out of .dds format and enable you to save in a format that Maya can handle more easily. I don't know what to do from there, though. I've never created a mat file before.

Say, you wouldn't happen to know how to get the Amnesia model files into 3D Max or Maya, would you? I want to get the suitor into 3D Max or Maya, so I can play with him, but none of the plugins or converters I've tried have worked. The model files are .msh files. I've looked everywhere, but I can't find anything Sad

I have the suitor as normal model files, i.e .ent, .dae, .dds, etc. Perhaps you still have the encrypted files?
05-22-2011, 12:10 PM
Find
Invader Fluff Offline

Threads: 0

(05-22-2011, 12:10 PM)Roenlond Wrote: I have the suitor as normal model files, i.e .ent, .dae, .dds, etc. Perhaps you still have the encrypted files?
I have those files, too, but I also have .msh files for them. Are the .msh files the model files, or are any of the other ones? I thought the .msh files were, because it looks like the word mesh, and Google said they were, too. I mean the files that account for his geometry, if you don't know what I mean.
(This post was last modified: 05-22-2011, 12:24 PM by Invader Fluff.)
05-22-2011, 12:21 PM
Find