Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.38 Average
One Light in the Darkness: patch 3
masterlinx667 Offline

Threads: 0
RE: One Light in the Darkness: v1.0.0

This custom story is just amazing. o_o It gives me the same, or actually an almost scarier feeling than when I had played Amnesia for the first time.
08-07-2011, 01:30 AM
Find
DamnNoHtml Offline

Threads: 34

Giving it a go now, will tell you what I thought when I finish.

Creator of Wake, Through the Portal, Insomnia, and Cycles What to do with HPL3....
08-07-2011, 09:52 PM
Find
DamnNoHtml Offline

Just played. Aside from a bug where I shot through the floor in the tunnel area, it was very well made. The only thing I disliked was how short it was and how abruptly it ended. Also, that ending was a smack in the face. :/

Other than that, environments were very nice, scares were not stuffed down the players throat, sounds were good. Everything was generally well done.

Spoiler below!
I liked the blocking of the Water Lurker idea, very clever

Creator of Wake, Through the Portal, Insomnia, and Cycles What to do with HPL3....
08-07-2011, 10:56 PM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67

Yeah you're the second person who's somehow fallen/walked through the environment. It probably has to do with you somehow standing up inside of it. I'll need to use block boxes in the future most likely.

Thanks for your comments Tongue

08-07-2011, 11:15 PM
Find
DamnNoHtml Offline

Eh that's more or less Frictional's fault, not yours.

08-07-2011, 11:25 PM
Find
Tinio Offline

Threads: 1
RE: One Light in the Darkness: v1.0.1

Great custom story! The biggest con obviously is the length but hey quality over quantity and it was definitely a good one. The level design was unique and custom sounds that were put in made the custom story fresh and fun to play. The sound that occurred when the grunts chased you was pretty terrifying and you had just the right amount of scares and monster spawns.
Can't wait to see more of your work!

One little glitch though, I usually cringe in a corner when a monster comes and I got stuck and had to restart. The room with the phonograph in it, I decided to jump in between the piece of art and the phonograph and although I escaped alive, I was glitched and could not escape lol.
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2011, 12:48 AM by Tinio.)
08-08-2011, 12:46 AM
Find
Cryaotic Offline

Threads: 13

I do hate how I can always never find things, I know it's generally my fault too but I have to ask.

Spoiler below!
Where is the library corridor key? I have spent roughly fifteen minutes searching for it, and then spent ten minutes stacking books into a giant tower and then it fell over. That made me sad too.

08-08-2011, 04:45 AM
Find
CookieSoup Offline

Threads: 1

(08-08-2011, 04:45 AM)Cryaotic Wrote: I do hate how I can always never find things, I know it's generally my fault too but I have to ask.

Spoiler below!
Where is the library corridor key? I have spent roughly fifteen minutes searching for it, and then spent ten minutes stacking books into a giant tower and then it fell over. That made me sad too.

Spoiler below!
I seem to have the exact same problem. Triple checked the area, still no luck... Search the bookshelf, or maybe i'd better check this bureau... darn. Wait, it might be... no, I searched there already... *20 minutes later* I give up! Oh spare me from this insanity, please deliver me the key to conclude this key-finding quest! So... yeah. I would appreciate any help, even if it's just a hint.
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2011, 12:34 AM by CookieSoup.)
08-09-2011, 12:32 AM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67

New patch 3: Hopefully this is the end of ALL key issues. So sorry for this. Some people had no issues, but others did. Probably has to do with the pathing of the textures/etc. Perhaps a missing file in my download pack. I'll look into it. For now, there's a separate (and simple) version of the key-door interaction running in the latest patch.

Also, the icon is a bit...interesting. I think it's something caused by the full conversion. If it's really that annoying, use the custom story format, that should have your icons all nice and pretty.

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2011, 06:40 AM by palistov.)
08-09-2011, 12:47 AM
Find
slm11603 Offline

Threads: 0
RE: One Light in the Darkness: patch 3

Hey havent got around to playing your story yet (damn family and their *neeeeds* pish posh)but I d/led it on release day and just got the patch. I was thinkin u may wanna add the folders to the patch
maps/olitd maps just so they cant extract it to the main amnesia folder to make things a lil easier.That is unless it wouldnt work 4 ppl that have the custom stories version as I had the full version.IDK just a silly suggestion lookin forward to tryin your story tomorrow.
08-09-2011, 08:28 AM
Find